Learning Activities For Babies

Kids Activities, Art and Crafts, Cooking Ideas, Kids Songs and Games related discussions.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
law92
Helper
Helper

Learning Activities For Babies

Post by law92 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:07 am

I am due to start my first prac for uni in the babies room next week and I really need some help with ideas for learning experiences for children aged 6 week to 15 months. I've never worked with this age group before and have no idea what sorts of things to plan. Also I've only ever worked as an assistant before so have no idea about the planning process. Would really appreciate any help as I'm freaking out a bit!

Lorina

Re: Learning experience ideas for babies

Post by Lorina » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:23 am

I have gathered up all the forum topic discussions on working and planning within the babies room. Have a read through these and it should give you some ideas on how to get started:

Planning for babies
Following the planning cycle in the baby/toddler rooms
Working with babies 6-18 months
Ideas for babies room
New room leader

In our Wiki, in Children's Activities & Games we also have some games for babies which you may want to use as well:

Children's Activities & Games - Babies

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

jasminebarner

Re: Learning Activities For Babies

Post by jasminebarner » Sat May 23, 2015 4:25 pm

Thanks for sharing.

Sahithya

Post by Sahithya » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:52 pm

Baby is fast developing his sense of taste from 11th month onward, so keep adding different flavors to make meal times fun for him.
Your baby learns to communicate effectively at this stage.
Reading is a good way to learn to turn pages.This is a fantastic way to interact with your baby.

Artsupplies

Post by Artsupplies » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:02 pm

I am totally agree with previous comment We can involve babies in games, finger paint to introduce them with new possibilities of life who are age of 15 month and above but its very tough for me to handle babies of 4, 6 weeks.we can't give them anything to eat and sometimes can't understand why they are crying.