Incursion Entertainment

Kids Activities, Art and Crafts, Cooking Ideas, Kids Songs and Games related discussions.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Athol

Incursion Entertainment

Post by Athol » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:45 pm

I'm not wanting to create spam in this forum but I would like to know the best way to approach early learning centres with my children's entertainment business. Is there an approved incursion advertising space that directors go to to find appropriate activities for the children? How are other entertainers contacting centres?

Thanks,
A.

taliahmahoney

Re: Incursion Entertainment

Post by taliahmahoney » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:51 pm

Hi there,

I'm not sure about early learning centres, but I can give you a perspective from OOSH. We receive a few emails a day in regard to incursion activities and these are often ignored because we just don't have the time to properly peruse emails that aren't urgent. I've found that the most effective way to market your business would either be a letter, phone call or a personal visit. I know that in the past we almost always book incursions from phone calls or letters and just simply forget about the emails we receive. If you choose to market this way, make sure you call at an appropriate time because it can have the opposite effect during our busy hours. We have booked many incursions and excursions from letters because we've already set aside some time to peruse the mail. I hope this was somewhat helpful and keep in mind that I only have the experience of OOSH :)

Good luck!

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Re: Incursion Entertainment

Post by linsaa fdc » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:22 am

Hi Athol,
I would call the centre and make an appointment and go in to see them. Don't forget to approach Family Day Care schemes as well as we always have themed playgroups where all the Educators come with the children to attend. Just make sure you have something unique to offer, multicultural themes are always good.
Best of luck
Linsaa fdc