Cloth activity books

Kids Activities, Art and Crafts, Cooking Ideas, Kids Songs and Games related discussions.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
TraceyW

Cloth activity books

Post by TraceyW » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:15 am

Hello childcare educators! I am currently making high quality cloth activity books for children that contain 12 pages of activity including buttons, shoelace tying, zips, buckles, weaving, threading, shape matching, naughts and crosses and a memory card game. I'm currently trying to identify a set price. I have sold them easily at $120 ea but am thinking $160. Each book takes over 20 hours to make. I'd really appreciate any feedback on pricing as I'm keen to market them to childcare centres and preschools. I have attached a sneak peak of photos of my pages...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Re: Cloth activity books

Post by linsaa fdc » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:45 am

Hi Tracey,

They look fantastic but I'm afraid that $160 for most FDC Educators is a lot of money.
Not a lot of money for over 20 hours of work though. What size is the book?
Unfortunately we could buy all the materials for all the above activities in the book for all of my children for that money.
Sorry, hope you find your niche because they do look amazing.

linsaa fdc :wave:

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:01 am

Hi Tracey,

Such a great idea! I know my little one would love to play with something like this but unfortunately I won't shell out $160 for it. I completely understand you buy all the materials and you spend a lot of time on each individual one but I think the price is too high. I had a quick look around the web and found similar products (basic skills board, teddy bear etc). for less than $100. I'm just letting you know so you can get an idea of what others are charging. Maybe along with the book you can create additional items that you can sell as well... You could also maybe create a board with each of the skills such as lacing, buttoning, zipping etc. and you could sell them along with your book. I think you're very creative and you have a great concept to share!

:geek:,
Lorina

jasminebarner

Post by jasminebarner » Sat May 23, 2015 4:21 pm

Thanks for sharing.