Activities that encourage sharing and patience

Kids Activities, Art and Crafts, Cooking Ideas, Kids Songs and Games related discussions.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
kapow

Activities that encourage sharing and patience

Post by kapow » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:25 pm

Hi all,

I am on work placement in a 2-3 year old room where I have 2 focus children who I believe could benefit from activities that encourage sharing and patience.

I'm not exactly what you would call amazing at these kinds of things and when it comes to age appropriate activities I am even worse. If it were for the children at my work, there would be no problems at all but because its for a younger age group, I am finding it really difficult.

When I think of turn based games I am quite narrow minded and think board games but that just will not work when they are 2 and 3 years old with different skills and understanding. I suppose what I am trying to find out is what others have done to help with these skills and how well it turned out for them?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Nandy84
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Activities that encourage sharing and patience

Post by Nandy84 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:11 pm

garethdennis

Re: Activities that encourage sharing and patience

Post by garethdennis » Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:39 pm

On the Shoulder

This activity teaches grace and etiquette while also aiding in the development of patience. Children are taught in Montessori classes how to touch someone's shoulder to indicate they want their attention rather than interrupting them verbally.