IPHONE APP for this site

You may use this forum for all general discussions on topics that are not covered in the above forums..
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Miss T

IPHONE APP for this site

Post by Miss T » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:45 pm

This site is great, I would love to see an APP on the iphone maybe? so we can access it on our mobiles easily :D

"moving towards the future" :giggle:

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: IPHONE APP for this site

Post by fchaudari76 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:53 pm

that would be good!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:53 am

Yes, we understand that there are some users who would like to see "apps" for our site as well as the Online Tools we have available. We will in the future be developing these since we need to make this site more mobile friendly... Unfortunately it's not so simple so it's going to take some time once we establish how we are going to go about creating these apps. We will let you know, once we move ahead with this...

BTW, can I ask which feature are you looking forward to in our app? Is it the ability to use our forums easily from IPhones or an app for using online tools templates?

Let us know more on what you may find useful and we will take a note on these..

:geek:,
L.A

Miss T

Post by Miss T » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:15 pm

To be honest, just to access the forum. I would like to read while on the train/bus. I can be more of a active member here hehe :) I haven't yet discovered the online tools yet.

perhaps the online tools app could be the deluxe app, just start with the forums :D

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:13 am

Thanks for your input Miss T!

Yeah, we will probably start off with the forum first and then move on to the Online Tools. If having an app for the forum makes our users participate and contribute more then it's great for the site! I guess there is nothing else better to do on the bus or train anyway! LOL :giggle:

Would love to see you around the forum more since you have a lot of ideas and suggestions to offer our users!! :thumbup:

We will keep you updated,

:geek:,
L.A

Misse84
Helper
Helper

Post by Misse84 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:49 pm

There's this apps called Tappatalk and it is to get to forums, of any kind. Maybe that is a way to do it ? I agree, would love to have an app, but I understand how difficult it can be.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:37 am

Misse84 wrote:There's this apps called Tappatalk and it is to get to forums, of any kind. Maybe that is a way to do it ? I agree, would love to have an app, but I understand how difficult it can be.
Hi Misse84,

We looked into Tapatalk awhile back since a few forums uses it but we decided not to go with it since it had a few vulnerabilities. I dont know if they fixed those issues now. However, instead of using a third-party app for our forum, as an alternative we are planning to create a responsive design for this site instead. What this does is, the site will automatically show a mobile version (which is basically a simpler style than the desktop version) when its viewed from a mobile device or a lower resolution screen. This will be a lot simpler than an app as it will work fine for all cross platforms including iphones, Androids as well as Windows phone. This is one of our mission for this year. I understand that more and more users are using mobiles now-a-days so it is time for us to move towards the future. Its good to see our users are interested in seeing a mobile friendly version of this site. :)

Cheers :geek:,
Lorina.