Im in the house!!

You may use this forum for all general discussions on topics that are not covered in the above forums..
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
LucindaArgyle

Re: Im in the house!!

Post by LucindaArgyle » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:04 am

LucindaArgyle wrote:Congratulations, I think you find a wonderful job you don't have to do so much things in it, it's really an easy job to do.
Live and let live.

termite inspections brisbane

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:34 pm

Sounds fun Andrew! I want to start a small garden/veggie patch with my group of kids. Is yours done out in the playground in a special area? I was maybe thinking of using a few foam boxes with soil etc to set up a little garden on the veranda at the entrance so families can see on arrival etc.  What types of veggies/flowers have you planted?

Dragonstorm
Participator
Participator

Post by Dragonstorm » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:43 pm

hi there

foam boxes work really well. Ours are in in playground area off to the side. they are made with sleepers around the edges and are about two metres by 1metre. the dirt is turn regularly.

the best crops are those that grow quick and can be eaten raw. it will happen that they get eaten off the vine as they should. Start with beans, and lettuce. Other crops to do are corn, garlic (a favourite of mine), beetroot and strawberries.

a good site is the Dirt Girl World site. it packed full of info and hints.
regards

Dragonstorm