Im in the house!!

You may use this forum for all general discussions on topics that are not covered in the above forums..
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Dragonstorm
Participator
Participator

Im in the house!!

Post by Dragonstorm » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:12 am

Hello girls and guys!

Just a quick update on my situation. for the past six months i have been studying my BA ece. I have applied for two jobs. one local 5 day fortnight and another one fulltime. I did two days of trial at the casual one (tuesday and wednesday just gone). on monday i got a call from the fulltime one asking if i could come in for an interview ( that afternoon). did go, looks like a great centre and lots for the kids to do.
anyway on tuesday morning the fulltime rang and asked if i could do a trial on friday (tommorrow) i said yes no probs see you then. went to trial on tuesday and wednesday and they offered me a job wednesday. I said i would have to speak to my wife about and also that i had anothe rtrial on friday.
any way fulltime one rang wednesday night and asked if i could start on maonday (without a trial). I said yes ,yes uyes yes yes yes!!!!!!!

So long story short....I start on monday.

Happy as a gecko on a light! :lol:

Cheers
Dragonstorm
Andrew R

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Re: Im in the house!!

Post by LindyT » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:41 pm

Yes!!!

Andrew congrats!!

May you and the children have many many happy hours together!!

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Post by cathiek » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:15 pm

Great news. You and the kids will have fun. enjoy just getting to know them and them getting to know you at the start. It is great to build up a good relationship from the get go. Makes everything that happens down the track go smoother :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:44 pm

Awesome! Hope you enjoy working at your new centre!

Wish you all the best!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:06 pm

Hi Andrew,

How did you go today at your centre? How was your experience?

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

Dragonstorm
Participator
Participator

Post by Dragonstorm » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:32 pm

survived day two!
spent the days getting to know the kids and a lot lifting them on the play equipment. we have a boy that is best described as a bit rough. he kicks, punches and screams no a lot. hes better after hes had a sleep but when hes tired its challenging to say the least. hopefully with a male around he may calm down a bit, i even got a kiss from him today and all the girls were shocked so theres a breakthough. i got to feed and clean the animals today with four of the kids. they have a pony, two cows, three goats, chickens and a couple of guinea pigs.
im in the pre kindy room and float to the kindy room throughout the day. its good to see how the teachers handle situations and i think sometimes to myself just how far does one go. i think ill take it easy for a couple of weeks and then once i know the programing a bit more i will have the chance to have a bit more of a say.
10 hour shifts are hard but as i come from a pub background its nothing too drastict.
fun, fun,fun.
Andrew

jorgea

Post by jorgea » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:12 am

I hope you do very well with these children.

LucindaArgyle

Post by LucindaArgyle » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:14 am

Congratulations, I think you find a wonderful job you don't have to do so much things in it, it's really an easy job to do.

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:54 am

So how's it going Andrew??

Dragonstorm
Participator
Participator

Post by Dragonstorm » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:12 am

hi there

Its going really well. I love the children and they love me.
Apart from the usual not enough resources( which really helps you think outside the square), I love it.

I'm now in charge of the Junior farmer program which involves me looking after the garden beds and vegie patches. I get the kids to help me and we generally have a heap of fun digging in the dirt and seeing if we can actually keep food growing long enough to so that it ripens.

cheers
Dragonstorm (Mr Andrew(sometimes miss))

LucindaArgyle

Post by LucindaArgyle » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:04 am

LucindaArgyle wrote:Congratulations, I think you find a wonderful job you don't have to do so much things in it, it's really an easy job to do.
Live and let live.

termite inspections brisbane

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:34 pm

Sounds fun Andrew! I want to start a small garden/veggie patch with my group of kids. Is yours done out in the playground in a special area? I was maybe thinking of using a few foam boxes with soil etc to set up a little garden on the veranda at the entrance so families can see on arrival etc.  What types of veggies/flowers have you planted?

Dragonstorm
Participator
Participator

Post by Dragonstorm » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:43 pm

hi there

foam boxes work really well. Ours are in in playground area off to the side. they are made with sleepers around the edges and are about two metres by 1metre. the dirt is turn regularly.

the best crops are those that grow quick and can be eaten raw. it will happen that they get eaten off the vine as they should. Start with beans, and lettuce. Other crops to do are corn, garlic (a favourite of mine), beetroot and strawberries.

a good site is the Dirt Girl World site. it packed full of info and hints.
regards

Dragonstorm