I'm new here, & haven't studied since 02!

You may use this forum for all general discussions on topics that are not covered in the above forums..
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Victoria85

I'm new here, & haven't studied since 02!

Post by Victoria85 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:53 am

Hi there everyone,
My name is Victoria, but feel free to call me Vicki. I'm 28 years old, and live in Loxton, South Australia with my partner Craig and our 3 children, Noah (9), Hunter (2) and Levi (8 months). We have recently built a house, so trying to get settled into that, as well as be a working Mum, and study. It's all very busy, but good at the same time, as it's given me more motivation.

I'm currently studying Diploma in Children's Services, through Enable Collage. I decided to study Children's Services as I have always had an interest, just never had the motivation I suppose. Or I was comfortable at where I was. I re-evaluated my situation after I met my partner and completed my family.

I look forward to being an active member of this forum, allowing me to meet new people, and get advice and help needed within my course. Look forward to getting to know you all better.

Thank you.

Vicki

Lorina

Re: I'm new here, & haven't studied since 02!

Post by Lorina » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:40 am

Hi Vicki,

Welcome to Aussie Childcare Network! :wave:

You certainly have your hands full with your trio! I have a little princess who will be 1 on Sunday!

Doing your Diploma would give you a lot of opportunities in what type of job role you want in childcare for the future. From being a room leader to director of a centre... You would probably find the practical side of the Diploma easy as you would have done some of it at home with you trio. Most of it's pretty common sense stuff. You will just need to get used to the theory side of the Diploma which includes knowing the regulations, law, policies etc.

It's great to have you as part of this forum and if you need support, got any questions or concerns don't hesitate to ask! We will assist you as best as we can!

Nice to meet you Vicki and I'm sure I'll see you around the forum,

:geek:,
L.A

BTW - I'm sorry for my delayed response... I've been away for the past few days having a pre-birthday celebration for my daughters birthday...

Victoria85

Post by Victoria85 » Sun May 04, 2014 7:01 pm

I've put a post up with a question. I'd appreciate if you could have a look at it and help me out. It's about Develop Cultural Competence.

Thanks.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon May 05, 2014 2:59 am

No problem Vicki. Seem to have missed your question. You can find my response to your question here:

Develop Cultural Competence

Sorry bout that,

:geek:,
L.A