Extra Fields For Children's Activities and Games

You may use this forum for all general discussions on topics that are not covered in the above forums..
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations
lucasue3
Nickname: lucasue3

Extra Fields For Children's Activities and Games

Postby lucasue3 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:04 pm

Hi Guys,

I have just got back from holiday and seen all the "awesome" work you have done on the website! It looks brilliant....except I cannot find the "tick" list that would tell me which activities satisfy different requirements...like age / outcome / etc.

This was one of the most helpful tools to me and one that kept me coming back to the website and recommending it to everyone I know.

I really hope its still there but I just cant find it. Fingers Crossed. :)

speak soon

Sue
Last edited by Lorina on Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Extra Fields For Children's Activities and Games

Postby Lorina » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:14 pm

Hi Sue,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am very happy to hear you do find our new changes "awesome". It took us several months to get to this stage and so far so good! :)

With the filter check boxes for our Activities, that feature is not scrapped but rather a work-in progress. We have not yet added the check boxes because I am yet to fill in the Additional Info details for all Activities we have listed. Only after I have completed those info, we will be able to add the filter options to further filter the results. Since I need to re-create all articles and activities from scratch again on our new site, so far I was only able to add the Activities Extra Info for about 50 Activities out of the 200+ that we have. As soon as I complete all of those, we will then add the feature to filter these results based on EYLF Outcomes, Interest Areas, Categories, Age Group, etc...

I thank you for writing to me about this and I agree this filter option based on Outcomes, etc.. can only be found in this site. I haven't found any other site having this much of additional information on kids activities that will help educators. Since I now know that there are users who find this feature useful and waiting for it, I will try to allocate more time this week and try my best to complete this as soon as I can and add the filter feature soon. I will post back here once its ready. Please stay tuned for updates on this...

Thanks again Sue for asking this. I always love it when our users asks for features or share their input since I can understand what features in our site helps others and what will be useful to have for our users. I welcome that.. :)

:geek:,
Lorina
Check out our Resources: Articles | Activities | Printables & Worksheets | EYLF Templates
Documentation App for Educators: Appsessment - Childcare App

lucasue3
Nickname: lucasue3

Postby lucasue3 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:27 pm

Thanks Lorina ! Love your work ! Wow that is such a lot of work... I will continue to spread the word ! If it was not for this site I think I would still be scratching my head !
Best website ever !!!! :)

Lorina

Postby Lorina » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:56 am

Really appreciate it Sue! :thumbup:

Lorina
Check out our Resources: Articles | Activities | Printables & Worksheets | EYLF Templates

Lorina

Postby Lorina » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:35 am

Hi Sue,

Just wanted to let you know that we have now updated the Activities page and have added "filters" enabling you to search through the different activities based on your requirements...

Kids Activities

Hope this helps.

Lorina

Return to “General Discussions”