TEMPLATES NOT WORKING

Support forum for feature requests and for troubleshooting issues when opening or downloading EYLF templates that are listed under the Templates section of this website
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
LisaJ

TEMPLATES NOT WORKING

Post by LisaJ » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:01 pm

Help! My templates stopped working suddenly. Downloaded as usual and when opened them, page opens, but nothing happens, ie; can't click on anything! Help greatly appreciated. Lisa :sweating:

Lorina

Re: TEMPLATES NOT WORKING

Post by Lorina » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:03 pm

Is there a message that appears once it has been downloaded?

Which templates does this happen to specifically?

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:06 am

If you are getting a blank page when you try to open the downloaded template, then its most likely that the template is opened through the browser's pdf plugin. I will give you a link with steps on how to download and open the templates directly from Adobe Reader:

http://aussiechildcarenetwork.com.au/fo ... 638#p18191

Can you try the steps in the link above and let me know if you continue to have trouble...

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:10 pm

Did as you requested, followed instructions from your link. Still not working. Last week was working fine, now cant use templates at all. They open, but can’t click on anything. Thanks,
Hi Lisa,

1) Are you using it from a Desktop or Laptop? I am assuming its Windows, right?

2) What browser are you using? Is it internet explorer, edge or google chrome?

3) Are you able to email me a screenshot of the screen when the pdf opens blank? I should be able to spot the problem with a screenshot.

4) Lastly, in the steps link I had given in the last email, can you make sure you got Step 2, 3 and 4 right? The trick is to open the file directly from Adobe Reader program. Many times when there were updates, sometimes the browser behaviour might change the way they open pdf files and hence you are seeing these happen.

Basically try this:

a) Minimize your browser after downloading the file. Do not open the file yet,

b) Next open Adobe Reader program by pressing start button and type 'Adobe Reader'. Click on the Adobe Reader program in the list to launch that in your desktop.

c) In Adobe Reader, select Home -> 'My Computer' under Storage -> Browse and select the filename of the template you just downloaded. Usually you can find it in Download folder unless you moved it to Desktop or somewhere else when you downloaded the file. This will now open the pdf template directly through Adobe Reader program which has all functionalities.

I am sure the above method will resolve the issue. If it doesn't please do send me a screenshot so I can see what's wrong.

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:28 pm

Hi Lorina
I went into the Adobe program, and it seems it was disabled or something??? Have no idea how or why?? Not computer savvy in that department. So pressed a few buttons and now working again.

Thanks for reply
Lisa
Hi Lisa,

Thank you for the update.

"I went into the Adobe program, and it seems it was disabled or something??? Have no idea how or why??"

This can happen during the system or application update. It could have changed the default pdf reader and hence you were seeing a different behaviour when opening the download through the browser. That's why minimising the browser after downloading the file and opening that template directly from Adobe Reader program will always work consistently and flawlessly even after updates or unknown changes to the computer settings.

I am glad you got it resolved in the end.

Lorina