SAVED TEMPLATES DISAPPEAR??

Support forum for feature requests and for troubleshooting issues when opening or downloading EYLF templates that are listed under the Templates section of this website
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
LisaJ

SAVED TEMPLATES DISAPPEAR??

Post by LisaJ » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:27 pm

Hi, Wondering if anyone else has had this problem... After saving my completed templates and going back to find them, they have disappeared.This has happened 3 times. How frustrating!

Lorina

Re: SAVED TEMPLATES DISAPPEAR??

Post by Lorina » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:52 am

Hi Lisa,

Do you mean you are unable to locate the file in your computer after you saved them? Or does the form open empty when you re-open them after saving?

:geek:,
Lorina

LisaJ

Post by LisaJ » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:38 am

Yes I am unable to locate the file after i've saved it. I've searched everywhere on the computer. Funny thing is when I do a new template and go to save it under the same name as the lost one, it says do you want replace existing file?? Help!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:46 am

Hmmm... that's odd. Okay, please try the following steps and let me know how it goes:

STEP 1: Downloading and Saving the Template: Please follow these steps as it is so we can confirm that the file is saved in the correct location -

1) Go to the Template's Download page.

2) When you download the file, instead of left clicking it, right click on the download button and select "Save Links As" on Firefox / Google Chrome (or) "Download Linked File As" on Safari (or) “Save Target As” on Internet Explorer.

3) A pop-up dialog will open. Here save this file in a location on your computer. Preferably choose "My Documents" so we can locate it in the next step.

4) Now minimize your browser and go to the 'My Documents' folder location on your computer where you saved this file.

5) Are you able to see the downloaded file here? If you can, double click on the filename to open it directly using the default Adobe Reader program.

STEP 2: If you cannot see the file after following the steps exactly as above, then proceed with the following -

If step 5 doesn't show the file, it could be possible that you might need an Administrative privilege to access the file. Its quite odd if that happens, but you first need to check if you are the Administrator user on the computer. You can see this from your Control Panel -> User Accounts -> It will show the User Account Type.

If you are the Administrator, you can try modifying the permission of the drive where your file is located:

1. Right-click on the Drive where the folder and files are present and then click Properties.
2. Click the Security tab.
3. Click Advanced, and then click the Owner tab.
4. In the Name list, click your user name, or click Administrator if you are logged in as Administrator, or click the Administrators group.
5. Click on Edit and then put a check mark against "Replace all existing inheritable permissions on all descendants with inheritable permissions from this object".
6. Click OK, and then click Yes when you receive the following message:
“This will replace explicitly defined permissions on all descendants of this object with inheritable permissions from the Drive (C: or D:) Do you wish to continue?”
7. Once the permissions are replaced, click on Ok.
8. Check if you are able to access documents now.

Note: I got the above troubleshoot from Microsoft website. Here I am assuming you are using Windows. If you are using another OS, do let me know the version. You can even try searching the web to see if there is a solution to the problem you are facing since it seems its most likely a file permission related issue if you are unable to see a saved file in a folder.

Let me know how it goes...

:geek:,
Lorina