Art and Craft template prints in grayscale

Support forum for feature requests and for troubleshooting issues when opening or downloading EYLF templates that are listed under the Templates section of this website
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
joly

Art and Craft template prints in grayscale

Post by joly » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:26 am

I have an issue with printing this template it will only allow to print in grayscale, I can't change my settings it won't allow me , I have tried most of the other templates and they are all good.

Thanks Joly.

Lorina

Re: Art and Craft template prints in grayscale

Post by Lorina » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:25 pm

Hi Joly,

I tried the same and the Art and Craft template was printing correctly in colour for me. So I am unable to reproduce the problem from my end. I also checked the pdf settings on that template and I couldn't find any pre-set that may force print in grayscale. So can you let me know the following please so I can help you out:

1) Can you attach a screenshot of it please if possible?

2) Can you check the printer settings to see if anything there is making it to print the file in grayscale?

3) Does only the photos print in grayscale or the entire template prints in grayscale?

4) Are you able to test the same from another computer to see if the template prints fine or still comes out in grayscale?

Let me know and I will try to see why this happens for you.

Cheers,
Lorina.

Lorina

Re: Art and Craft template prints in grayscale

Post by Lorina » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:38 pm

joly wrote:Joly reply via email:
"Hi sorry but I could not reply in the forum I actually upgraded my adobe reader on my laptop and I can print in colour but still have the problem with my desk top , thank you for your reply and help I shall just use my laptop.
Joly'
Hi Joly,

Thanks for the update. I am glad to hear that it works in your laptop which confirms the issue only happens from the desktop. I dont think it could be Adobe Reader related issue. If its printing in Grayscale, it sounds more like the printer set-up related issue. Since its only happening in your desktop, can you try the following:

1) Check the Printer Preferences settings and ensure all settings are correct there. You can access the settings through:

• Go to "Devices and Printers" on your machine.
  • Right click on the printer in question.
  • Access the printer preferences and set the settings as per your requirements.
  • Press OK.
  • The new settings are now the default setting for your printer.

2) If the above doesnt resolve it, then try reinstalling the printer again in that desktop.

3) Lastly, if the above 2 doesn't work, try deleting and re-installing the printer driver or update the driver if an update is available.

Let me know if you had any luck with your desktop. If not, atleast you have the laptop as a backup. :)

Cheers,
Lorina.