Inspireeducation Diploma Nightmare.

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Lysag

Inspireeducation Diploma Nightmare.

Post by Lysag » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:56 pm

I am posting this to see if anyone else on this board has had the same experience at Inspireeducation. I know from their horrible googlereviews and productreview.com.au that there are many dozens of students in the same situation.

I started my diploma in July 8 and submitted my first assignment July 25. I have been waiting 8 weeks for my first assessment to be marked and have so far received ZERO feedback on my work. I have been constantly emailing about the status of my work with no results. At the moment I don't even know where in the queue my assignment is and the best part is I had to ask numerous times before they answered what happens if I have to resubmit my assessment if there are wrong answers? It goes right to the back of the queue!!! So another 8 week+ who knows how long wait.

If this is not bad enough, everyone knows how terrible their coursework is. It is riddled with mistakes and completely confusing which makes it way harder than it should be.

They told me to just keep working through the course so I am up to workbook 4 but with no feedback I have no idea if the work I am doing is correct or totally a waste of time.

I have decided I just want my money back and have been trying to get a refund. Spoke to Fair Trade NSW and my credit card company to try a disputed transaction. Inspireeducation are refusing to refund my money since its past their 30 day refund period. I stated that they have failed to provide services to me such as having assessments marked within their stated 6 week timeframe.

This has caused me so much stress and has been incredibly draining. I am at the point now of just writing off the thousands of dollars I spent and starting new with another provider.

If nothing else, If you are considering signing up with INSPIREEDUCATION. DONT. READ ALL THE REVIEWS.

Lorina

Re: Inspireeducation Diploma Nightmare.

Post by Lorina » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:04 pm

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with them...

We do have quite a few students studying with Inspire Education and it's all mixed reviews...

Just before reading your post I have just come across the following information which you may use to contact to try and solve your issue:

National Training Complaints Hotline

I really hope that you're able to resolve this and that it doesn't discourage you from studying!

:geek:,
Lorina

Amanda Rigby
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Post by Amanda Rigby » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:44 pm

I am currently studying with Inspire and am having the same issues. I began September last year and it was ok, not great but wouldn't complain, now since their change overs it is a joke, and placement is so hard with the amount of work load is alot more than other companies. If you can i would advise to go to another provider, i'm in NSW and struggled to get work placement.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:47 pm

Amanda Rigby wrote:I am currently studying with Inspire and am having the same issues. I began September last year and it was ok, not great but wouldn't complain, now since their change overs it is a joke, and placement is so hard with the amount of work load is alot more than other companies. If you can i would advise to go to another provider, i'm in NSW and struggled to get work placement.
Do you think you are not finding placement because no centres are taking you on as a student or because you are studying with Inspire?

I have had a lot of students complain that they are having issues finding placement and I'm just trying to figure out what I can do to help...

:geek:,
Lorina

jess_molly

Post by jess_molly » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:32 pm

I started my cert 3 with them in 2015 and ended up leaving them and re-doing it with another company.
It was the worst exerience ever. Every bad review you have read.....is true.
I waited 10 weeks for my first assignment to be marked. I had to re submit a few questions and then wait another 8 weeks for those couple of questions to be marked. The questions in the workbooks don't match their answer sheets...eg, I had a question asking what behavoural problems a diabetic child may have if they become hypoglycemic or hyperglycemic. I resubmitted the question twice! The answer i was missing was.....they might die. I argued with one of the assesors for 10 minutes on the phone before she cut me off as they only dedicate 10 mins to a student per phone call. In the end she did agree the question didn't ask for that answer, but only said...."Well thats the answer we need."
That wasn't even the worst part. When I spoke with the General manager of Inspire, he told me there is nothing wrong with the service they provide and that sometimes when mothers study, they find its just too hard to try and juggle life. He said don't feel bad, if it's too hard and i want to give up, but they will not be providing me with any refunds.

There is SO MUCH MORE TO TELL, but you get the idea. they are aweful.

Borogove

Post by Borogove » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:11 pm

I find the best way to get in contact with the Inspire people is via email and written messages. Trying to talk to them on the phone is excruciating and they never have the information you want, anyway.

I just submitted a post about this (sorry for bombarding the forum with the same request) but I really think we need to get together as a group and exchange information about the assignments. I'm trying to set something up in Sydney, and please let me know if you are local and interested.

Inspire is a lot more work than TAFE and requires a lot more initiative and a slightly more academic ability. The workbooks are outdated and contradictory. As it stands at the moment, there doesn't seem to be any sort of community among the students (at least, not one I can find), which I think is the biggest handicap of all, because if we could share information with one another, then we could figure out what the Inspire people are looking for. And, then there's the ridiculously long marking time.

I don't know.... For me, it feels like (so far) it's working. I researched the company and knew what Inspire was when I signed up, and agreed to the arrangement because it was the only school I could afford. It feels like I'll probably have typed about 80 or 90 thousand words by the time I complete these workbooks (a degree only requires about 30-40 thousand words ) which is crazy, but I like the idea of making myself work in this capacity. Trying to get this diploma is hard and demanding all sorts of things -- courage, persistence, assertiveness, resilience, industriousness -- many of which aren't part of my character, but which I know I need if I am going to move forward in any way in my adult life. In high school, there were a few years where I would get good marks in most subjects without really trying for it because I was a huge nerd, or failed things because my problems processing auditory information meant I couldn't follow what we were supposed to be doing, and as a result I never learned proper study skills, or to associate effort with reward, since my marks never related to effort in any way. The way Inspire is set up, where there's all the following directions, and having to carefully read questions and think carefully about how to word answers, is good for me. Forcing myself to ask for help is good for me. I figure, if I fail one or two units, I'll try to get them via RPL or take what I have to TAFE. I know I'm praising Inspire for being a terrible school and for expecting all sorts of ridiculous things without giving much of anything in return, but Inspire is really helping me. It's teaching me to scale hurdles that I've always backed away from, but I know I need to learn how to jump over if I am going to succeed in life at all, and especially if I want to access formal post-secondary study.

Maybe I'll feel different when I start getting my results back, and I'm not saying that Inspire is a good school. I'm certainly not saying that the way Inspire treats its students is acceptable, because it isn't. But I also think there's ways to get what you want out of it, and "half the fees and twice the work" isn't always a bad arrangement, not only if you are dirt poor like me, but also because being challenged will help you grow as a person. If you decide you have to stick with Inspire, I think the best route forward psychologically is to accept that you've taken this ridiculous task on despite there being much easier ways to earn a diploma, and that the skills it will force you to learn - the way you are expected to take initiative, be ridiculously patient, to triple-check your work, and get really comfortable typing lots of tedious b******t - are useful skills that you're going to have with you forever. So, it's still kind of worth it even if it is really irritating and stupid.

Jess, what the manager did to you was disgusting. He knows that a huge proportion of child care students have kids, right? And students with children tend to be older, which means that they usually have stronger work ethic. If the Inspire people can't design a course around that, then the problem is with them and not you.

Amanda, where about in NSW are you? I'm in Sydney and had to call about 10 places but eventually I found somewhere. If you (or anybody else reading this) is based (or happy to travel to) our part of the Western Suburbs, I'm pretty sure my centre will take them on. The directors at my centre love work experience students and our centre really appreciates their help, since we are all crazy busy.

:P Just don't criticise Inspire except about the workload being enormous, because my supervisors need to understand how awesome I am.