HLTWHS003 - Keep Records Of Illness/Infection Reports

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
carlee1

HLTWHS003 - Keep Records Of Illness/Infection Reports

Post by carlee1 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:15 am

Hi my question is..
How long are you required to keep records of illness/ infection reports?

Lorina

Re: HLTWHS003 - Keep Records Of Illness/Infection Reports

Post by Lorina » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:27 pm

162 Health information to be kept in enrolment record

The health information to be kept in the enrolment record for each child enrolled at the education and care service is—

(a) the name, address and telephone number of the child’s registered medical practitioner or medical service; and
(b) if available, the child’s Medicare number; and
(c) details of any—
(i) specific healthcare needs of the child, including any medical condition; and
(ii) allergies, including whether the child has been diagnosed as at risk of anaphylaxis; and
(d) any medical management plan, anaphylaxis medical management plan or risk minimisation plan to be followed with respect to a specific healthcare need, medical condition or allergy referred to in paragraph (c); and
(e) details of any dietary restrictions for the child; and
(f) the immunisation status of the child; and
(g) if the approved provider or a staff member or family day care educator has sighted a child health record for the child, a notation to that effect; and
(h) in relation to New South Wales, certificates for immunisation or exemption for the child, as required under section 87(1), (2) and (3) of the Public Health Act 2010 of
New South Wales; and
(i) in relation to Victoria—
(i) an immunisation status certificate within the meaning of section 147 of the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 of Victoria that is issued to a child enrolled at an education and care service other than a service (or any part of a service) that is not an early childhood service as defined under the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 of Victoria; or

Note The definition of early childhood service under the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 of Victoria does not include an outside school hours care service or a school holiday care service.

(ii) details of any exemption in relation to a child under section 143C of the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 of Victoria.

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:29 pm

I also found this:

Storage of records and other documents

(1) The approved provider of an education and care service must ensure that records and documents set out in regulation 177 are stored—

(a) in a safe and secure place; and
(b) for the relevant period set out in subregulation (2).

(2) The records must be kept—

(a) if the record relates to an incident, illness, injury or trauma suffered by a child while being educated and cared for by the education and care service, until the child is aged 25 years;
(b) if the record relates to an incident, illness, injury or trauma suffered by a child that may have occurred following an incident while being educated and cared for by the education and care service, until the child is aged 25 years;
(c) if the record relates to the death of a child while being educated and cared for by the education and care service or that may have occurred as a result of an incident while being educated and cared for, until the end of 7 years after the death;
(d) in the case of any other record relating to a child enrolled at the education and care service, until the end of 3 years after the last date on which the child was educated and cared for by the service;
(e) if the record relates to the approved provider, until the end of 3 years after the last date on which the approved provider operated the education and care service;
(f) if the record relates to the nominated supervisor or staff member of an education and care service, until the end of 3 years after the last date on which the nominated supervisor or staff member provided education and care on behalf of the service;
(g) in case of any other record, until the end of 3 years after the date on which the record was made.

Note. A compliance direction may be issued for failure to comply with this regulation.

:geek:,
Lorina

bahranifatimah1234

Post by bahranifatimah1234 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:14 pm

Hi i have questions please i need help
participate in a workplace emergency rehearsal and report on the process.include the following information in your report;
.how many children and adults were involved?
.what was the type of emergency being rehearsed?
.what was your role?
.how could the process be improved?
.how it was successful?
.provide a copy of your organisations emergency management plan?
.how often do the education and care service national regulations require a service to complete an emergency rehearsal?

bahranifatimah1234

Post by bahranifatimah1234 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:16 pm

Hi i have questions please i need help
participate in a workplace emergency rehearsal and report on the process.include the following information in your report;
.how many children and adults were involved?
.what was the type of emergency being rehearsed?
.what was your role?
.how could the process be improved?
.how it was successful?
.provide a copy of your organisations emergency management plan?
.how often do the education and care service national regulations require a service to complete an emergency rehearsal?