CHCCS400BC - Grievance and Complaint Procedure

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
shveta83

CHCCS400BC - Grievance and Complaint Procedure

Post by shveta83 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:03 am

Hi there,

1) Can anyone please tell me the correct order of grievance and complaint procedure:
Investigation,notification,evaluation and resolution
According to me the order should be:
a)Notification,b)Investigation, c) Resolution and then evaluation

2) Scenario- Michael was in a hurry and missed his routine safety check of the outdoor playground. Later in the day during play, one child playing in the sandpit sustained a needle stick injury.
State 4 areas where Michael has shown negligence in his duty of care in the above Scenario.
1)Michael owe a duty of care to adequately supervise enrolled children and he breached his duty of care to the child.
2)Michael breached his duty to provide a safe place of work by not having a proper safety check of the outdoor playground.

What else not very sure ..Please help............

Betty123

Re: CHCCS400BC - Grievance and Complaint Procedure

Post by Betty123 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:24 am

Hi there, I am current doing the same assessment/unit as you, I am not 100% sure my answers are correct but happy to share my thoughts:
1.) a. Notification b. Investigation c. Resolution d. Evaluation

2.) Proof of negligence:
• The person owed a duty of care to the child - Michael is an employee at the children’s service and is clearly rostered for the morning shift at the centre for the day.
• This person did not take whatever degree of care that is expected in the situation – Michael first failed to arrive at work in time to perform the necessary safety check routine for the outdoor playground and second, did not inform others, both staff and children that he had failed to check the outdoor playground (if Michael had said something, other staff may have helped in completing the check or stopped children from playing in the outdoor playground).
• There was injury/damage to a child/ children – A child playing in the sand pit sustained a needle stick injury.
• A clear link can be established between these three factors – Michael was the person in charge but failed to perform his duty in performing a routine safety check for the day and made no attempt to correct the situation by not informing others. As all carers have a duty of care to protect children from harm or injury while in care, Michael, in this scenario, should not have permitted children to play in the outdoor playground knowing that he failed to follow the safety check routine in the morning.

Hope this helps in some way.
Betty

shveta83

Re: CHCCS400BC - Grievance and Complaint Procedure

Post by shveta83 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:53 am

Thanks Betty for your response,much appreciated !!!
Need your help in Assessment1 -Task 4
Allergies to sunscreen in kids --An alternative sunscreen
They should avoid chemical based brands and better they use hats,sunglasses and Protective clothing ..
These are my views pls let me know i m on right track or not??
2)Now that you have identified and suggested changes to the policy , who do you take this info to in order for these changes to be implemented??? Director??not sure

Thanks...

Lorina

Re: CHCCS400BC

Post by Lorina » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:35 pm

shveta83 wrote:Thanks Betty for your response,much appreciated !!!
Need your help in Assessment1 -Task 4
Allergies to sunscreen in kids --An alternative sunscreen
They should avoid chemical based brands and better they use hats,sunglasses and Protective clothing ..
These are my views pls let me know i m on right track or not??
2)Now that you have identified and suggested changes to the policy , who do you take this info to in order for these changes to be implemented??? Director??not sure

Thanks...
I have answered your above question here: CHCCS400BC - Allergies to sunscreen in kids

:geek:,
L.A