CHCLEG001 - Brayden and Aunty Karen

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
carlee1

CHCLEG001 - Brayden and Aunty Karen

Post by carlee1 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:08 pm

CHCLEG001
Scenario

Your are the lead educator in the toddler room and Brayden is a two year old boy in your care. He is usually collected by Aunty Karen who stays and plays for a while when she picks him up of an afternoon. You haven't seen Karen for a few days and then one morning she come to visit Brayden and ask to play with him in your room for a while.
That afternoon, Brayden's mother comes to pick him up and you tell her that Karen was there this morning. She tells you she does not want Karen seeing Brayden anymore as they are no longer talking. You have observed that Karen and Brayden have a very close loving relationship.

Question's are:

What are the service's legal requirements with regards to the children?

and

Identify and legal requirements( if any) for mandatory reporting?

Just don't know where to start for both. have looked through policies and procedures and just cant find the answers. Please help?

carlee1

Re: Please help lol

Post by carlee1 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:28 am

Can you help me please i am still stuck on this?

Lorina

Re: CHCLEG001 - Braydne and Aunty Karen

Post by Lorina » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:32 pm

1) You have a duty of care for all children and to protect children from harm.

2) I don't think there it is necessary to make a mandatory report. There is no claims of child abuse.

:geek:,
Lorina