CHCECE020 - Professional Reflection On Behaviour Strategies

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
kyles2412
Participator
Participator

CHCECE020 - Professional Reflection On Behaviour Strategies

Post by kyles2412 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:54 pm

CHCECE020 ESTABLISH AND IMPLEMENT PLANS FOR DEVELOPING COOPERATIVE BEHAVIOUR ASSESSMENT TASKS
SETTING GOALS AND OBJECTIVES ASSESSMENT TASKS

I am just wondering if someone can let me know what this question actually means.
I have had to write an entire behaviour management plan and I am currently writing a long term goal and short term goals along with strategies for the short term goals and the next question is as per below however I have no idea where to even start what do they mean write a professional reflection on my understanding of the techniques and what research will I undertake to show I am confident in my knowledge I am no ideas where to start

Question:

Write a professional reflection on your understanding of the techniques. If necessary comment on the research you will undertake to ensure you are confident in your knowledge of how to apply the strategies.

Thank you
Kylie

Lorina

Re: CHCECE020 - Professional Reflection On Behaviour Strategies

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:09 pm

So it sounds like you need to reflect on the techniques you will use for the goals... What strategies have you added for the goals...

:geek:,
Lorina

kyles2412
Participator
Participator

Post by kyles2412 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:52 pm

So far what I have written is:

Long term goal: The long term goal would be for the child to be able to control his frustrations and to manage his anger without using physical unacceptable behaviour and to have a zero incidents in both areas Cailen has trouble with.

Short term goal:
A short term goal would be to reduce the amount of incidents we have by 50% due to the child being physical towards his friends

Strategies to work towards this goal:
Shadow / follow him around and watch him closely spend some one on one time with the child. Help him to use his words to communicate with the other children when he is frustrated or someone is annoying him instead of using physical behaviour help him to understand ways he can communicate without being physical.
Help him to recognise his anger but when an incident occurs explain to him you know he is angry but we don’t hit or spit on our friends and show him other ways to deal with anger let him know sometimes when people get angry we can walk away and count to 10
Praise him on his efforts to try and communicate or manage his anger by when he does the correct thing telling him you are proud of his efforts

Short term goal:
A short term goal would be to reduce the amount of times the child loses his temper in relation to him not being able to do what he would like due to boredom

Strategies to work towards this goal:
Include the child in decision making have him help decided on what activities you do having him decided on certain activities or getting him to help choose will give him the chance to choose on activities that he enjoys rather than having him do activities he dislikes which will result in him getting bored and not wanting to do what he is asked which will then result him being destructive towards others including property.
Prepare him for transitions by letting him know that in such and such minutes you will be doing a new activity and get him to set the timer by flipping over an egg timer this way he knows that when the timer runs out he gets to do a new activity this will help him to become and stay more focused in an activity.
Praise him for appropriate and good behaviour so when you see him doing something good acknowledge this let him know you are proud of him.
Spend some one on one time with him to find out what activities he enjoys

My next question is:
Write a professional reflection on your understanding of the techniques. If necessary comment on the research you will undertake to ensure you are confident in your knowledge of how to apply the strategies.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:46 pm

Yes, you're on the track with your response! :thumbup:

So, now with the strategies you're going to implement for each goal, reflect on your understanding of the techniques...

For example:
kyles2412 wrote:QR_BBPOST Shadow / follow him around and watch him closely spend some one on one time with the child. Help him to use his words to communicate with the other children when he is frustrated or someone is annoying him instead of using physical behaviour help him to understand ways he can communicate without being physical.

Reflect on this technique. Why do you think this would work? Research and write about how shadowing will help the child etc.

Lorina

kyles2412
Participator
Participator

Post by kyles2412 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:28 pm

Wonderful thank you for all your help this makes sense now :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:58 pm

You're most welcome!

Lorina