Need help

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Fizzy

Need help

Post by Fizzy » Wed May 25, 2011 12:03 am

Hi all i need help with an assignment
i need to find a job description for a children's services worker level but cant seem to find one. Also need to find out how staff in a child care centre discuss thie job requirements and present ideas, suggestions or concerns to their team leader/line manager, and how this contributes to workplace efficiency?
Thank you in advance :D

bronwyn280

Re: Need help

Post by bronwyn280 » Wed May 25, 2011 2:55 pm

Hi Fizzy,

I found these sample job descriptions for a Coordinator and an Assistant for OOSH Care. I hope these help you.

http://www.netoosh.org.au/oosh_factshee ... ptions.pdf

Lorina

Re: Need help

Post by Lorina » Sat May 28, 2011 1:03 pm

Hi Fizzy,

---->"Also need to find out how staff in a child care centre discuss thie job requirements and present ideas, suggestions or concerns to their team leader/line manager, and how this contributes to workplace efficiency?"

Any ideas, suggestions and concerns that do arise will be spoken about with the team leader or director. This can be done by having an informal chat or by having a meeting. The ideas , suggestions or concerns will be taken into consideration and both the staff member and the team leader will work out ways to implement any new ideas or deal with any concerns that may arise.

Another way of addressing any ideas, suggestions or concerns is through the staff meeting. Once a month the centre has a staff meeting and during the meeting there is an "open for discussion". A staff member can list their ideas or concerns during this time. All staff members present will have a say on issues or ideas that you put forward. This also helps you gain a new perspective by listening to other's point of view.

This provides workplace efficiency by allowing open communication between staff to talk about ideas, suggestions and concerns in a comfortable environment.

Cheers :geek:,
L.A