CHCDlV002 - Indigenous People Being Self Determining

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
amm93

CHCDlV002 - Indigenous People Being Self Determining

Post by amm93 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:10 pm

Hello,

I am having some trouble answering the following question..

What does it mean to say that indigenous people need to be self-determining and to have some control over community services and programs? What stages might be implemented to support this?

so far I have written this..

To say indigenous people need to be self-determining means having the same rights as other Australians and being in charge of their own lives in the same way as mainstream Australians.
Previous Australian governments have implemented what they thought to be best for Indigenous people without consulting with them. However initiatives developed on the ground in consultation with indigenous people are more likely to work and promote collaboration and partnerships, which lead to self-determination.

Thanks !

amm93

Re: CHCDIV002 - Promote Aboriginal and/ or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety

Post by amm93 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:38 am

amm93 wrote:Hello,

I am having some trouble answering the following question..

What does it mean to say that indigenous people need to be self-determining and to have some control over community services and programs? What stages might be implemented to support this?

so far I have written this..

To say indigenous people need to be self-determining means having the same rights as other Australians and being in charge of their own lives in the same way as mainstream Australians.
Previous Australian governments have implemented what they thought to be best for Indigenous people without consulting with them. However initiatives developed on the ground in consultation with indigenous people are more likely to work and promote collaboration and partnerships, which lead to self-determination.

Thanks !

Lorina

Re: CHCDlV002 - Indigenous People Being Self Determining

Post by Lorina » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:16 am

See if the following information helps:

Principles Of Self Determinaton

:geek:,
Lorina