Diploma questions

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Misse84
Helper
Helper

Diploma questions

Post by Misse84 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:21 pm

I am nearing the end of my traineeship and get to stay at my centre ( I hope ) and I will be starting my diploma right after . It will be a traineeship , so I was wondering if my pay will still go up once I have my certificate ?

Also , I would like to know how different the diploma is to the certificate , as I saw that the diploma has many of the same units I have now .

Thank you :)

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Diploma questions

Post by fchaudari76 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:34 pm

I do not know much about traineeships for Diplomas but logically you are no longer unqualified & have your Cert III so you should get more pay.

The Diploma will be more in depth and require more knowledge and study and research.
Some people find some units easy, some much harder, some find the entire Diploma easier and others don't.

Sorry cannot be more helpful since I RPLed all of my Cert III & most of my Diploma. A fair chunk of the Diploma is programming and planning units and developmental units as it is geared towards you being the lead teacher in the class thus you need to know how to do all of the programming and you cannot do this unless you are aware of child development etc

tiny_tots
Participator
Participator

Re: Diploma questions

Post by tiny_tots » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:04 am

I have pretty much exactly the same answer as above, the diploma is basically Cert III. It just dwelves further into each subject and does focus a lot more on programming because obviously your next step would be group leader. You may find it a little more difficult but with some of it it is still common sense and general knowledge. You will need to provide a lot more evidence with each subject especially if you are RPL'ing it.

Your pay rate will increase because you will now hold the Certificate but if probably wont be as high as usual because you are saying that you are still on a traineeship...

Good luck :)