Scenario: Tony - Negativite Towards Others

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
judy88
Participator
Participator

Scenario: Tony - Negativite Towards Others

Post by judy88 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:11 pm

Hi,is there anyone online can help me with this qustion,i'm stuck on this question and can't get any clue.please help me ,thanks! :think: :think:
SCENARIO
Samantha,the director of Smart kid's Early learning centre,was becoming increasingly aware that Tony, The educator,was not working properkly as a team member. He was often late back from meal breaks ,was always the last to arrrive at team meetings and was generally negative about his work.He tended to be sarcastic towards others and rarely made any positive contributions to the team meetings.When new ideas wre suggested Tony always focused on why it would not workrather than on how to make it work.
Samantha decided it was tme for her to address her concerns with Tony,who was quite surprised when told of his negative attitude.Tony responsed that he waas not awa4e that he had become so negative,but was aboe to say that he had felt he needed more challenges at work.
Samantha talked to Tony about what he needed to be aware of in relation to his own behaviour and together they also looked at tasks that could be delegated ot make his work more challenging.
I was agreed that hte two would meet in four weeks to review Tony's progress.

a.What policies were breached by Tony?

b.How was the conversation conducted?

c.Why did they decide to meet again after four weeks?

Lorina

Re: Scenario: Tony - Negativite Towards Others

Post by Lorina » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:26 pm

The following may help:

Grievances Policy

:geek:,
Lorina

judy88
Participator
Participator

Post by judy88 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:25 pm

Hi Lorina,
Tanks for the help,i'm still not sure what policies were breached by Tony,and how was the conversation conducted?
would you please help me?
thanks
Judy

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:16 pm

Here is a list of sample policies, have a look and see which one best fits the scenario:

Sample Policies

As for how the conversation had been conducted:

Samantha decided it was tme for her to address her concerns with Tony,who was quite surprised when told of his negative attitude.Tony responsed that he waas not awa4e that he had become so negative,but was aboe to say that he had felt he needed more challenges at work.Samantha talked to Tony about what he needed to be aware of in relation to his own behaviour and together they also looked at tasks that could be delegated ot make his work more challenging.

How did Samantha address her concerns? Did she provide feedback? Did she give Tony strategies on how to improve?

Lorina

judy88
Participator
Participator

Post by judy88 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:22 pm

Hi Lorina,
Thanks for the help again ,i just checked the sample policies and think Tony has breached the staff ratio policy and satff collaboration policy.
for"how was the conversation conducted?
Samantha talked to tony about what he needed to be aaware of in relation to his own behaviour and together they also looked at tasks that could be delegated to make his work more challenging.
is the answer in the right track?
Judy

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:29 pm

Yes, you're on the right track! :thumbup:

Lorina

judy88
Participator
Participator