Scenario: Matt - Unable To Manage Workload and Priorities

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
rdoyle

Scenario: Matt - Unable To Manage Workload and Priorities

Post by rdoyle » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:45 am

Matt (20Years is an educator in the preschool room. In addition to his normal duties matt's supervisor has asked him to tackle the indoor storeroom which has become quite a mess. the supervisor suggested he could do this over several weeks but only as time permitted.
Matt, eager to please, decided he will get the job done quickly as possible. all week matt has been going into the storeroom as soon as he finishes a task. at the end of the week the supervisor pulls him aside. "matt, I can see that you've been very diligent in tacking the storeroom but I did say do it only as time permits. you've hardly spent any time with the children this week. you need to think about your priorities.
Matt walks away feeling confused, he did get the job done before going into the storeroom. the supervisor reflects to herself that matt, although keen, has no idea how to manage his workload and priorities.
my answer is
ethical: Matt hasn't spent enough time with the children outside
Legal: Matt is leaving the other supervisors to work harder and have to watch more children while he is inside cleaning

am i on the right track please

Lorina

Re: Scenario: Matt - Unable To Manage Workload and Priorities

Post by Lorina » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:55 pm

Yes, you're on the right track!

Also, Matt was also told he had several weeks to complete this task when time permits yet he did it within a week...

:geek:,
Lorina