Scenario: Frank - Supporting Transition

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
tayebehhabibi
Participator
Participator

Scenario: Frank - Supporting Transition

Post by tayebehhabibi » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:39 pm

please help me for this scenario:

Frank is 12 mounts and he is in baby room Frank usually sleeps in the afternoon and he now falls asleep on the way home from the service and doesn't go to bed at night until late Frank spends all his time outside and doesn't like being inside he really likes to be outside when having his nappy changed Frank has a special blanket that hasn't come to the service in case it gets lost ,Frank calls the blanket lanky .Franks family thanks you for showing so much interest in their child and you explain that they are welcome any time to seek you out for assistance .

what will you do with this information to further support Franks transition into the service?

thank you

Lorina

Re: Scenario: Frank - Supporting Transition

Post by Lorina » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:20 pm

What would you do...

:geek:,
Lorina

tayebehhabibi
Participator
Participator

Post by tayebehhabibi » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:56 am

I provide delightful activity inside that he absorb to these activity inside and engage him with his friend I talk with him that we cant be outside for ever because we have some activity inside,and i try to organize for sleep time that he will sleep after lunch and before lunch that he get tired and wants to go on the bed I engage him with physical activity outside so I try to adjust his routines in service

please if my answer is wrong correct it or if would be possible add something

thank you

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:55 am

Remember Frank is only 12 months old... Since he likes to be outside maybe you can organise for him to do some activities outside in the shade in the morning and in the afternoon. You could also bring in a trough with water and sand to encourage Frank to play inside as well. Since Lanky doesn't come to the service you can start your own routine for Frank such as singing a familiar song during nappy change... You could also try putting Frank down to sleep a little later so he doesn't get tired and fall asleep in the care on the way home, so his parents can put him to sleep earlier...

Hope this gives you an idea,

:geek:,
Lorina