Scenario: Francis - EYLF Learning Outcome For Comforting Upset Children

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Maniwalia

Scenario: Francis - EYLF Learning Outcome For Comforting Upset Children

Post by Maniwalia » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:10 am

Hi Lorina.

I have a question and looking for your help to know whether I'm right or wrong answering this one.

Francis talks with children when they are upset or angry and provides them with developmentally appropriate resources that will provide comfort such as rag dolls, dens and cubbies, dramatic play opportunities etc Which Learning outcome will this cover and why?

I answered, Doing this all, Francis has achieved EYLF Learning Outcome 1.1, which is Children feel safe, secure and supported. Francis talks with children when they are upset or angry i.e. he acknowledges and responds positively to children's cues and signals. He also provided comfort to the children by providing appropriate resources, so he was emotionally available to them and supported their feelings.

Tell me if I'm on the right track...!

Thanks.

Lorina

Re: Scenario: Francis - EYLF Learning Outcome For Comforting Upset Children

Post by Lorina » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:12 pm

This may be a better fit:

1.2 Children develop their emerging autonomy, inter-dependence, resilience and sense of agency

Educators promote this learning by:

provide children with strategies to make informed choices about their behaviours.
promote children’s sense of belonging, connectedness and wellbeing.
maintain high expectations of each child’s capabilities.
mediate and assist children to negotiate their rights in relation to the rights of others.
provide opportunities for children to engage independently with tasks and play.
display delight, encouragement, and enthusiasm for children’s attempts.
support children’s efforts, assisting and encouraging as appropriate.
motivate and encourage children to succeed when they are faced with challenges.
provide time and space for children to engage in both individual and collaborative pursuits.
build on the culturally valued learning of individual children’s communities.
encourage children to make choices and decisions

Ref: How Educators Promote Outcomes

:geek:,
Lorina