Recruitment Agency Cost For Employers

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Rencia
Contributor
Contributor

Recruitment Agency Cost For Employers

Post by Rencia » Wed May 04, 2016 1:57 pm

Does anyone know how much the recruitment agency can charge for helping in hiring an employee (Assistant Educator)?

Sorry I am finishing this huge unite and am struggling with some of the details.

Rencia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Recruitment agency cost

Post by Rencia » Wed May 04, 2016 2:02 pm

Also do the centre has some cost regarding the Interview of the successful applicants? In my proposal is that the centre is open 38h a week so the interview should be during the day, during the working hours. Are there any additional cost? Should I include the paper etc.?

Lorina

Re: Recruitment Agency Cost For Employers

Post by Lorina » Thu May 05, 2016 1:20 pm

I found the following rates. It's not for "childcare" recruitment but it will give you the same idea of what recruitment agencies will charge for finding employees. It's quite interesting and they are based on the overall salary of the employee:

Fees and Rate For Recruitment Agencies

In regards to additional cost, the only reason would be if the director was working in the room and they needed a casual employee to cover a shift. Other than that I don't think there would be any additional costs...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

Rencia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Rencia » Thu May 05, 2016 2:12 pm

Thank you again Lorina!

Rencia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Rencia » Thu May 05, 2016 2:15 pm

The link was very helpful. I have founded another Web where was stated that the cost is 15% of the yearly wage of the position. I didn't even think that it is so expensive for the centre.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat May 07, 2016 4:18 pm

It doesn't seem that expensive but compared to placing an ad in a paper it can be costly. If you are doing an average wage at $23.00, I think it will cost around $450 to pay the recruitment agency... If you own a centre that's the price to pay if you want to find a suitable employee through a recruitment agency...

Lorina

Rencia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Rencia » Sat May 07, 2016 8:15 pm

Thank you Lorina. I have put for an Assistant Educator the hourly wage $21 and regarding to what I have found the 15% of the yearly salary is around $5000. I am so confused with all that budget. Do you think I should reduce this amount?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun May 08, 2016 3:11 pm

Yeah around about $21 depending on how long they have been in the industry for. An assistant with more than 2 years experience the minimum hourly wage is $21.48/per hour full time. So, the yearly salary is around $5,584.80. The recruitment agency will get 15% which is around $837.72.

Hope this helps,

Lorina

Rencia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Rencia » Sun May 08, 2016 3:54 pm

Thank you so much Lorina. I am really not that good with budget :-) Thank you so much for your help.