Program cluster LA017510

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Atiwari

Program cluster LA017510

Post by Atiwari » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:25 pm

Hi,
I am new to this forum. I am student of Diploma in Early childhood and education. Currently I ma doing my assessment on Program cluster LA017510. can somebody please explain me this question.

Task 3
Electronic Data Base
Compile an electronic data base of sources of information to assist in developing or adapting a curriculum/environment to support children with a barrier to learning/additional need.
Guide to National Quality Standards defines children with an additional need...

‘These are children who require or will benefit from specific considerations or adaptations and who:

• are Aboriginals or Torres Strait Islanders
• are recent arrivals in Australia
• have a culturally and linguistically diverse background
• live in isolated geographic locations
• are experiencing difficult family circumstances or stress
• are at risk of abuse or neglect
• are experiencing language and communication difficulties
• have a diagnosed disability—physical, sensory, intellectual or autism spectrum disorder
• have a medical or health condition
• demonstrate challenging behaviours and behavioural or psychological disorders
• have developmental delays
• have learning difficulties
• are gifted or have special talents
• have other extra support needs.
• It is important to note that: additional needs arise from different causes, and that causes require different responses any child may have additional needs from time to time.’ (p. 202)

In the Second part of this question is we have been asked to choose 2 barriers to learning and have to divide electronic data base resources into two sections.

By the way what does this electronic data base means. I googled and I found one site where it shows the technique to design electronic data base. Please I need help. Your would be highly appreciated.

Thank you
Atiwari

kristen1987

Re: Program cluster LA017510

Post by kristen1987 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:22 am

I am stuck on this also.
Is it just 2 columns on excell with two headings of learning barriers and then listed underneath cause, symptoms, etc

laurenwill

Post by laurenwill » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:47 am

I am doing diploma Early childhood and stuck on..

TASK TWO and TASK THREE

Task 2 Curriculum Planning Formats (total: 45 marks)

As part of your work placement within your on-the-job assessments you will be required to develop and implement a curriculum that serves to enhance all aspects of children’s development and learning. You will be implementing this program across a five (5) day period.
To assist you in preparing for the on-the-job requirements, you will need to complete the following tasks for this assessment:

a) Collect three (3) curriculum planning formats that can be used to program for a large number of children. You may access these from planning textbooks, unit notes and reputable Internet websites; however you are encouraged to visit local services and collect authentic examples.

c) You now need to develop your own curriculum planning format that you could use to plan for a large group of children. Include a summary of your justification for your chosen design. Use the same five (5) criteria that you used to evaluate the formats in part b of this task. (Total 10 marks)

Ensure that your design is accessible, flexible and allows for reflection, integration and extension of ideas. It should be a ‘living’ document.
The learner’s curriculum format will be individual in style and format.

However, a successful planning format will reflect the following attributes:
• Provide space for individual focus children, small groups of children and larger groups. (1 mark)
• Provide space for play experiences and learning centres to be recorded. (1 mark)
• Provide space to record future planning suggestions, reflection and evaluation of current experiences. (1 mark)
• Be accessible for other team members to use, set up the environment and implement the program. (1 mark)
• Allow provision for transitions between significant parts of the day. (1 mark)
• Incorporate individual and service routines and rituals as potential learning opportunities. (1 mark)
• Give details of initial ideas/plans, resources and materials required, staff contributions and recommendations. (1 mark)
• Give detail on how to present the development and cycle of the program over the week. (1 mark)
• Note how interest centres will be documented and how they will be evaluated over the work placement period. (1 mark)
• Note how to document project/investigations. This could include a topic web and associated curriculum web. (1 mark)

d) Outline a process or a planning format to ensure that all children in the group are planned for over time. (5 marks)

Task 3 Electronic Data Base (total: 25 marks)
Compile an electronic data base of sources of information to assist in developing or adapting a curriculum/environment to support children with a barrier to learning/additional need.
Guide to National Quality Standards defines children with an additional need...

‘These are children who require or will benefit from specific considerations or adaptations and who:

• are Aboriginals or Torres Strait Islanders
• are recent arrivals in Australia
• have a culturally and linguistically diverse background
• live in isolated geographic locations
• are experiencing difficult family circumstances or stress
• are at risk of abuse or neglect
• are experiencing language and communication difficulties
• have a diagnosed disability—physical, sensory, intellectual or autism spectrum disorder
• have a medical or health condition
• demonstrate challenging behaviours and behavioural or psychological disorders
• have developmental delays
• have learning difficulties
• are gifted or have special talents
• have other extra support needs.
• It is important to note that: additional needs arise from different causes, and that causes require different responses any child may have additional needs from time to time.’ (p. 202)

Choose two (2) barriers to learning/additional needs to focus on for this task.
Divide the electronic data base resource into two (2) sections, one section for each identified additional need.
For each of the two additional needs chosen:

a) Provide a description of the additional need with information about the cause, symptoms, diagnosis, treatments, and implication/strategies for developing or adapting a curriculum/environment to support children.
List at least one (1) URL of a reputable website that provides current, accurate and useful information to support children with this additional need. (15 marks)

b) Investigate your local community to access support agencies and inclusion support professionals who offer support to Education and Care Services and families with children with additional need. List these with a brief description of the service offered and the contact details. (10 marks)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:54 am

Ok so first you need to find 3 curriculum plans... We have different designs and formats which you can see as a sample:

EYLF Templates

Once you see a few samples you should get an idea on how to create your own...

As for the Electronic Database, you may need to research information, articles, materials, resources that could help.

Hope this gives you an idea!

:geek:,
Lorina

laurenwill

Post by laurenwill » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:01 pm

I am still stuck on Task 3 Electronic Data Base may I have some examples and help at all please. I'm a bit confused.