Organise personal work priorities and development

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
sasha r

Organise personal work priorities and development

Post by sasha r » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:01 pm

Dear Lorina,
could you please help me in understanding the following task.
Major activity

You must individually, answer the following questions in full to show your competency of each element:
1. Organise and complete own work schedule
2. Monitor own work performance
3. Co-ordinate personal skill development.

Explain how you have achieved the following:

1. Organise and complete your own work schedule showing how you have:
 Understood, negotiated and agreed your work goals, objectives and KPIs in accordance with organisational requirements (e.g. legislation and ethical practices)
 Assessed and prioritised your workload
 Identified and planned for factors which may affect the achievement of work objectives
 Used business technology in the management and monitoring of your work.

2. Monitor your own work performance showing how you have:
 Ensured compliance with legislation, work processes and/or KPIs
 Sought feedback about your work performance
 Identified and reported variations in the quality of products and services you are responsible for providing
 Identified any signs of stress and the effects of this on your personal wellbeing
 Identified sources of stress and accessed support and resolution strategies.

3. Co-ordinate your own personal skill development and learning showing how you have:
 Identified your learning and development needs
 Identified, prioritised and planned development opportunities
 Accessed, completed and recorded development opportunities
 Incorporated feedback into your review of further learning needs.

For this activity, you should show how you have taken account of legislation which affects business operation, especially in regard to anti-discrimination legislation, ethical principles, codes of practice, privacy laws and occupational health and safety legislation and practice.

I asked me assessor to specify the task, what exactly is required in it, and got the following reply, still very unclear.....

you are to answer to all sections of this question not based on your routine work but based on a specific task. I will make it easy for you
imagine you are an educator in a preschool room. You have been allocated to 15 focus children. You need to complete two or more observations each month for your focus children.
You are also required to plan and prepare a developmental summary for your focus children that must be completed every 3 months.

Now answer all sections under each heading in relation to the above task given to you. I emphasise all sections of the activity should link to KPI (Observing children) mentioned above.

Lorina

Re: Organise personal work priorities and development

Post by Lorina » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:02 pm

sasha r wrote:QR_BBPOST You are to answer to all sections of this question not based on your routine work but based on a specific task. I will make it easy for you
imagine you are an educator in a preschool room. You have been allocated to 15 focus children. You need to complete two or more observations each month for your focus children.
You are also required to plan and prepare a developmental summary for your focus children that must be completed every 3 months.

Ok so this is your task... so using this as a basis you need to answer the points above in your question...

For example:

Understood, negotiated and agreed your work goals, objectives and KPIs in accordance with organisational requirements (e.g. legislation and ethical practices)

For example: Privacy and Confidentiality when assessing children, unbiased documenting during observations, using a variety of methods to ensure the child has achieved their goal etc.

Assessed and prioritized your workload

For example: Creating an observation calendar based on the days the children attend so you know who to observe on which days

Identified and planned for factors which may affect the achievement of work objectives

For example: Such as children not coming on planned observations days, the daily routine becomes too busy etc.

Used business technology in the management and monitoring of your work.

For example: Using an app to complete observations etc.

Hope this gives you an idea!

:geek:,
Lorina

sasha r

Re: Organise personal work priorities and development

Post by sasha r » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:02 pm

thank you very much Lorina. Now I have a clear understanding of what is required in the task.
regards,
Aleksandra