Organisational Policies and Procedures

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
22-butterflies

Organisational Policies and Procedures

Post by 22-butterflies » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:24 am

This term is coming up a lot in my current cluster (Play and Development) so I must ask, what are 'organisational policies and procedures'? Are they different to the center's policies and procedures? Previously I was only ever asked for 'policies and procedures' in the sense of the center's own policies and procedures.

Here is an example of where they are mentioned:
All centres are required to have a policy that outlines strategies that will be used to guide children’s behaviour as stated in the Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011.
a. What organisational policies, procedure and guidelines would be in place to assist you in developing limits and consequences for inappropriate behaviours?
b. Which section of the above regulations are you required to follow and what does it state?
c. How does this meet the requirements of upholding a child’s rights under the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child?
7. There are certain organisational standards, policies and procedures that are relevant to the gathering of information about a child to inform practice.
a) Name the relevant standard, frameworks, convention and code that applies. (There are five in total).
b) Name the relevant policies
c) Name the relevant procedures
Thanks to anyone who can help :?

Lorina

Re: Organisational Policies and Procedures

Post by Lorina » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:05 am

Yes, they are referring to the centre's policies and procedures... I think they may be mentioning "Organisational" because each service is will have different policies based on their Organisation even though they are all similar overall...

:geek:,
Lorina

22-butterflies

Post by 22-butterflies » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:40 am

Thanks so much Lorina! I'm guessing they are wanting me to get names of the actual policies at my centre then, I think I nearly have the entire manual haha

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:06 am

Yep, that's right! They want you to be specific! It's really helpful when you got the manual with you just make sure it is up to date and it also has the National regulations and NQS linked to the policies as well.

:geek:,
Loria