Meeting Specific Expectations As An Employee

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
sarubini
Contributor
Contributor

Meeting Specific Expectations As An Employee

Post by sarubini » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:10 pm

HI BELOW IS THE QUESTION AND THE ANSWER I HAVE GIVEN BUT STILL MY TRAINER ASKING ME TO FIND OTHER INDUSTRIAL GUIDELINES. I COUDNT FIND OTHER THAN THIS PLZ HELP ME FRIENDS.....

1.2 As an early childhood education and care assistant your centre will have specific expectations as an employee.
What industry guidelines and practices would you follow to meet/exceed these expectations?
Consider: Centre mission, philosophy, organisation structure, policies and procedures, regulations etc...

To meet/exceed the expectations as an Early Childhood Educator and Care Assistant I will get the job description from the employer which shows my roles and responsibility which provides guidelines that clarify those expectations.
I would become familiar with my care centres specific philosophy and how the overall organisation of this particular care facility including how the day is structured around the needs of the children and their care givers. I would follow the policies and procedures already implemented in my centre making sure that my work ethic is set regulations and practices. We also need to have an understanding of the health and safety policies of our workplace .I would be mindful of the OHS legislation and the Children’s Services Regulations like regulation 77-89 to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of children, Regulation 77 to implement good health and hygiene practices and safe food practices. I would also continue to update my professional learning look by using the following industry guidelines and practices:
* National Quality Framework for Early Childhood Education and Care
* Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority Guidelines

Lorina

Re: Meeting Specific Expectations As An Employee

Post by Lorina » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:59 pm

What state are you in?

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:00 pm

I think you need to refer specifically to the OH&S guidelines for your state etc.

Lorina

sarubini
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sarubini » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:49 pm

hi lorina,

iam in WA.plz help me to answer..

thanks

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:00 am

I think you may need to refer to the following:

Western Australia (WA)
Act: Occupational Safety and Health Act 1984 (WA)
Regulation: Occupational Safety and Health Regulations 1996 (WA)
Codes: WA Codes of Practice
Regulator: WorkSafe WA

Ref: OH&S Acts

Lorina