Managing Time and Work Priorities Effectively

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
raisivah

Managing Time and Work Priorities Effectively

Post by raisivah » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:26 pm

"Managing time and work priorities effectively"

a, Describe the strategies you will use to work towards the attainment of your goal (including a realistic time frame)

b, Identify any resources requirements in relation to your goal -this may include time,physical resources and human resources

c, Describe how you will evaluate your progress

I am doing my Diploma in Childcare and trying to finish off my task..I am kindly asking for your help please..thank you and much appreciated in advance..

Lorina

Re: goal setting

Post by Lorina » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:29 pm

What is your goal? You need to think of a goal before you can complete this task... A goal could be:

-Include a cultural recipe in the fortnightly menu
-Create sustainability awareness amongst the children
-Include parent input in the curriculum plan etc.

Without a clear goal in mind you cannot complete this task...

:geek:,
Lorina

raisivah

Re: goal setting

Post by raisivah » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:44 pm

Thank you so much Lorina for your help..

But this is what the task is really about..it says:
Task 9 - Goal Setting
Professional development is and essential continuous improvement process. Identifying and setting own professional goals are an important part of this process. For this task you are required to reflect on your current skills and knowledge as they relate to an aspect of human resources management. For example:
*managing time and work priorities effectively
*seeking and reflecting upon feedback ti monitor own performance
* applying skills in negotiations, communication and decision making

a, Identify one professional goal for yourself and provide a reason as to why you have selected this goal.

b, Describe the strategies you will use to work towards the attainment of your goal ( including a realistic time frame )

C, Identify any resources requirements in relation to your goal - this may include time, physical resources and human resources

d, Describe how you will evaluate your progress

SO I HAVE CHOSEN...managing time and work priorities effectively and these are my answers with you could kindly correct me if I'm wrong plssssss.

a, Time management is important because it helps me priorities my work, once I have a list of things I need to tackle, I need to see what I should do first. Prioritizing - focusing on urgent and important tasks rather than those that are not important or don't move you towards your goal

b, know how I spend my time meaning keeping a time log is a helpful way to determine how I am using my time. Set priorities - the easiest way to prioritize is to make a "To do list.

c, I will start my day by looking at my 'To do list

This is how far I've gone so far with my task if you could please help me out...thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lorina

Re: Managing Time and Work Priorities Effectively

Post by Lorina » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:43 pm

Sorry! I didn't realise you added your goal in the first post. I assumed that was the module name... Thanks for clearing that up!

Your answers are good but I think you just need to add more information to them. The following may help:

Effective Time Management
Managing Time Effectively

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

Shokria Hassani

Re: Managing Time and Work Priorities Effectively

Post by Shokria Hassani » Fri May 20, 2016 1:41 pm

can you plz help me the last question
D. describe how you will evaluate your progress