Legal and Ethical Obligations For Water and Sun Safety

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
nsaliba13

Legal and Ethical Obligations For Water and Sun Safety

Post by nsaliba13 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:24 am

Hi I am stuck with this Case Study and what to answer

Case Study
Imagine that you are an educator in a family day care setting supervising the three children in the photograph. (3 children aged 2 playing in a large water trough outdoors not in the shade, wearing long sleeved shirts but no hats. Water trough is at their chest height)

Describe, in the table, what you would do to meet your legal and ethical obligations to these children playing in the water trough in the back yard and who you would report these to.

I am not sure how to answer the legal obligations column and the who to report to column.
Ethical obligations ; to ensure the children are wearing sunscreen and a hat while playing outdoors in the sun, to maintain full supervision at all times while children are playing in water

Lorina

Re: Legal and Ethical Obligations For Water and Sun Safety

Post by Lorina » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:09 pm

For legal obligations, you will need to refer to Water and Sun Safety policies...

:geek:,
Lorina

helloalice26

Post by helloalice26 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:24 pm

Hi Lorina

Can I ask you how I answer the question"Who you would report these to", If I answer "I will report these to my supervisor." is this correct? Thank you

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:35 pm

In family day care, I would probably report these to your scheme...

:geek:,
Lorina