Legislation In Children's Services & Completing An Unknown Task

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Mandy81

Legislation In Children's Services & Completing An Unknown Task

Post by Mandy81 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:56 pm

hi could someone please help me with these questions...

list 4 acts of legislation that relates to children's services sector you are employed in?

child protection
EEO legislation
privacy legislation and I need help with one more if those ones are correct.

What would you do if your team leader or another worker asked you to complete a task that was not in your job description?

It would depend on the job, if it was against polices and procedures I would also check with nominated supervisor..

Children's services professionals are expected to support clients and advocates when their rights aren't being protected. How does your organization support clients and/or advocate to express their concerns?

support client or advocate
refer client or advocate to advocacy services if appropriate
observation and conversations are documented and reported to the appropriate parties.

Lorina

Re: Legislation In Children's Services & Completing An Unknown Task

Post by Lorina » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:39 pm

list 4 acts of legislation that relates to children's services sector you are employed in?

Education and Care Services National Regulations and Law
Workplace Health and Safety Act
Child Protection Act
What would you do if your team leader or another worker asked you to complete a task that was not in your job description?

You can attempt to do it yourself however you should get it checked by another higher qualified educator to see if it is acceptable and whether or not you should continue to complete the task yourself or wait for the higher qualified educator to return...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina