How does NQS support Educators practices?

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
stephbrownee

How does NQS support Educators practices?

Post by stephbrownee » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:38 pm

Hi guys,

I'm stuck on this question as part of my Inclusion assessment. I'm not quite sure how I'm supposed to answer it..

I would appreciate any help or guidance :)

Thank you!!

5. Search the Guide to the National Quality Standard and explain how each of the following standards support educator’s practices in relation to guiding children’s behaviour and including all children in a service.

Every child is supported to participate in the program
Each child is supported to manage their own behaviour, respond appropriately to the behaviour of others and communicate effectively to resolve conflicts
Access to inclusion and support assistance is facilitated

Lorina

Re: How does NQS support Educators practices?

Post by Lorina » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:11 am

Here is the guide you require for this question. Go through find each of the standards mentioned in your question and it will give you examples of practices which you can add to our response:

Guide To The NQF

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

stephbrownee

Post by stephbrownee » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:43 pm

Unfortunately I still don't quite understand what I have to do :(

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:14 am

Sorry this is the guide I was actually referring to:

Guide To The NQS

So, you go and find each of the elements in your question and then you explain how educators guide behaviour and include all children of the service.

For example: 1.1.5 - "Every child is supported to participate in the program"

- equipment and resources that support the abilities, diversity and backgrounds of the children attending the service and support and encourage their participation
- regardless of background, age, gender or ability, being supported to fully participate as valued members of the group
- supporting children’s efforts, assisting and encouraging as appropriate
- being consistently aware of and responsive to children who may require additional support, assistance or attention
- noticing and listening carefully to children’s concerns and discussing diverse perspectives on issues of inclusion and exclusion and fair and unfair behaviour

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

stephbrownee

Post by stephbrownee » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:26 pm

It does now :) Thank you very much!