holistic activities

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
salladam

holistic activities

Post by salladam » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:29 pm

Hello Im new, Im currently in the middle of my diploma through Tafe, and i am working on an assignment where i have to create 3 different experiences for 3 different age groups, one of the experiences has to be a story book with props and they have to be a group experience.

0-18months. i have to create an experience where the focus is on social, emotional and language. i was thinking of using the story book with props in this age group... a book called baby faces that goes through all the different emotions and the way that they look, for the props i was thinking of having pictures of different faces with all the different emotions?

2-4 is physical and creative so for this i was thinking a dice game where one dice has body parts and the other dice has numbers and the children roll the dice and which ever body part and number that comes up they can think of a way to move that body part how ever many times.....i also had the thought of creating an outdoor obstacle course based on the story book "going on a bear hunt"?

3-5 cognitive, social, and language...i was thinking of a "i spy" game but we find coloured objects like "i spy something that is red/blue etc?

i was hoping someone maybe had some better ideas or something to add to these activities as i would be very greatful. thanks