Health and Safety Related To EYLF

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
jade2017

Health and Safety Related To EYLF

Post by jade2017 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:34 pm

Hi im completely stuck on this, i think its outcome 3 "Children have a strong sense of well being"but i dont know how to actually say how the health and safety connect to the eylf? also do i go into the subheadings of 2.1 each childs health is promoted?, 2.2 healthy eating and phydical activity are embedded in the program for children?, 2.3 each child is protcted?
i think the above is the answer im just not sure how to put it into words to answer the actually question.
hope this makes sense

Lorina

Re: Health and Safety Related To EYLF

Post by Lorina » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:36 pm

Yes, you're on the right track with your response:

You could say something like - EYLF Outcome 3.2 "Children's take increasing responsibility for their own health and physical well-being" shows how health and safety are connected within the EYLF. This is evident when children are happy, healthy, safe and connected to others, show an increasing awareness of healthy lifestyle choices etc.

Ref: How Children Can Acheive Outcomes

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina

jade2017

Post by jade2017 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:06 am

thank you, would i just include points 3.1 and 3.2 as they have asked for one of the five outcomes and thats all the points in outcome 3 or should i also add another outcome?
when the question says outline which of the 5 outcomes addressed in the EYLF most relates to the health and safety of children. can i only choose one outcome out of the five? or do i pick the points out of all the outcomes that seem to fit?

leenie
Participator
Participator

Post by leenie » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:38 pm

Hi Jade

What do you think they are asking? I don't think they want you to make it complicated. Don't read into the question what is not there.

Remember it is competency based, so you are a learner if it isn't right then you go on searching and learning for what is asked.

Don't stress over it.

Leenie

jade2017

Post by jade2017 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:22 am

im not sure what they are asking , i just dont know if i can only have one outcome or can i choose as many out of the 5 outcomes that i like? The question says óutline which of the 5 outcomes most relate? so i think it can be both ways (choose one or choose however many i think relate)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:18 pm

I think you choose the ones that you feel relate to health and safety...

:geek:,
Lorina

leenie
Participator
Participator

Post by leenie » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:57 pm

Hi Jade,

Going off what you have been asked " which outcome" -reason why I said don't get complicated- Is my understanding from the information given is they want you to find the outcome relating in this case to health and safety.

There are five outcomes for children in the EYLF /MTOP. So you need to pick the one that is relevant.

If you also break it into any outcomes-sub outcomes like Lorina has already discussed, I don't think your teacher is going to mark you incompetent.

Hope that helps

leenie