hEALTH AND SAFETY

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Nadarsh

hEALTH AND SAFETY

Post by Nadarsh » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:58 am

Task 3: WHS legislative framework
This task relates to the following criteria CHCECE016 4.5,4.6,6.3,6.7,HLTWHS003: K.E 1-5, P.E 1
1. What is the Western Australian OHS legislation called?

-----
2. Throughout Australia the acronym OHS is changing to WHS. What does this stand for?
Ans:Workplace Health and safety

Read each scenario and identify who is responsible/accountable for the injury. eg individual, supervisor, employer
a. Lucy drops a walking board and breaks three toes. She was wearing open sandals.
i. Who is responsible?
Ans Lucy
ii. Reason:
Ans He should not lift a walking board
iii. What strategy/management plan could be put in place to rectify this situation?
Ans Make sure he wears close shoes.

b. Phil reaches up to the top shelf to get a bottle of bleach. In order to reach the bottle Phil must stand on tiptoes and reach above shoulder height. The lids on the bottle are not secure and as a result bleach spills onto his face, chest and arms.
i. Who is responsible?
Phil
ii. Reason:
He stand on tiptoes and reach above shoulder height.
iii. What is an appropriate long term strategy that could be put in place?
Put stairs..

c. Caregivers on the late shift are confronted by an intruder who was able to walk straight into the building.
i. Who is responsible?
Ans Employer
ii. Reason: ns Intruder was walking into the building.
iii. What written plan could the centre put in place that monitors who enters and leaves the premises?
Ans Put a gate

d. Helen uses her foot to push a heavy crate aside so she can get to the equipment at the back of the storeroom. As a result she damages her knee.
i. Who is responsible?
Helen
ii. Reason:
Push a heavy crate

e. A parent phones to let you know that their child may have Whooping cough. The Doctor as advised them to let you know as pose a risk to pregnant women. You need to find out which children have been immunized for whooping cough..
i. where might you find out immunization information?
ii. How might you provide immunization information to staff and families?

Please help to find thse answers.
Thankyou Lorina.