Foster the holistic development and wellbeing of the child in early childhood

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
tinnkelbells

Foster the holistic development and wellbeing of the child in early childhood

Post by tinnkelbells » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:28 am

I have just completed this case study and i am wanting to know if i am on the right track please.

Case study 1
Topan is a very active three-year-old who tends to run rather than walk. On a particularly busy day, Topan rushes from an art activity which he doesn’t seem to like, to the outdoor area for free play, which he always seems to enjoy.
In his hurry, Topan bumps into Mikhael, who is finishing a drawing. This causes Mikhael to fall over and to accidentally scrawl a big red line through the middle of his drawing. Mikhael bursts into tears and Topan runs away.

As an educator, describe how you would:
a) structure the experiences provided on the day in a way that promotes cooperation and conflict resolution

My Answer:• It is important that children can begin to respect and understand other children’s individual needs, interests and feelings. When planning experiences, it is important that educators consider fostering social skills by setting up the environment and activity’s that caters for all different levels of social interactions and communication. It is vital the we implement activities that encourage cooperation’s with the children that will assist them in working together such as role playing and drama.It is important that all children are aware of the rules with in the centre to allow for a safe and predictable environment. I would encourage Topan to be involved in the setting up of the room and talk to him about the rules. I would encourage him to think about where the right place for running is and if he should be running inside .By helping him to identify his goals and help him recognise the problem .When Topan has the opportunity to reflect on the problem this will help to understand and help to resolve it .By helping Topan to see the consequences of his actions it supports the opportunity for him to to learn and grow.