Format For Monitoring and Assessing Children's Learning

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Shee

Format For Monitoring and Assessing Children's Learning

Post by Shee » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:46 pm

Hello please can anyone help me with this question. I have done it but got with-held. please I need guidance to finish my assignment. Thanks in advance.

To complete this assessment task, you need to create a format for monitoring and assessing children’s learning (both planned and unplanned) that reflects the principles and practices of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF). Your format must also include a way of recording feedback from children and families about the curriculum and learning environment.
Your format may be a table, grid or a pictorial image that represents a thorough and adaptable process for monitoring and assessing children’s learning.
Within your format, you also need to include one example of how your format could be completed by an early childhood educator in practice. The example formats in the reading above may assist you in how to provide an example.
The following must be shown in your format for monitoring and assessing children’s learning:
a) Children’s current progress/learning (planned and unplanned)
b) How children’s learning will be assessed against the five learning outcomes of the EYLF
c) How feedback from children and families would be included
d) Strategies for providing children with opportunities to learn and grow based on the evaluation
e) An example of how each area of your format could be completed in practice.

Lorina

Re: Format For Monitoring and Assessing Children's Learning

Post by Lorina » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:23 pm

What format have you created previously?

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:24 pm

Could it be a set of questions educators must fill?
A quick table with the above information provided?
A plan?

What are your ideas?

:geek:,
Lorina

Sharryn

Post by Sharryn » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:14 pm

Hi Shee
How did you approach this question? as I am currently doing this assessment and unsure how to approach the assessment.
sharryn