Families View And Expectations Of Behaviour

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
chloemarie017

Families View And Expectations Of Behaviour

Post by chloemarie017 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:12 pm

Record and briefly explain 6 areas where family views, or expectations, of children’s behaviour, may differ from those of the policies of our service.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: can someone please help me

Post by fchaudari76 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:37 pm

Think about this example....we have a child from overseas where its quite acceptable for them to eat with their hands, yet when they come to our service our policy is that children need to use utensils to eat.

Just think along these lines, hope this helps

Lorina

Re: Families View And Expectations Of Behaviour

Post by Lorina » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:36 am

In my opinion I think that we should encourage children to eat how they feel comfortable. Whether a child eats with their hands, a spoon, a fork or even chop sticks we should give them an option to decide how they would like to eat. It is part of making a child feel safe, secure and supported, as educators, we can promote this by building upon culturally valued child rearing practices (such as a way a child may eat their food).

Just wanted to add my opinion...

:geek:,
Lorina