Facilitating A Families Diverse Contribution To Benefit Children

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
skyla

Facilitating A Families Diverse Contribution To Benefit Children

Post by skyla » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:44 pm

i am stuck on a question in my ass that asked me to 'write a paragraph that describes how facilitating a families diverse contribution to the learning community can benefit children.' can any one explain what this exactly means and help me to get started?

Frank

Re: play and development

Post by Frank » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:28 pm

Hi Skyla,
The first thing is better try to ask your prof to specify the task. As well you can google in order to find some info about it.

Lorina

Re: Facilitating A Families Diverse Contribution

Post by Lorina » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:32 pm

Hi Skyla,

I think this question is asking how a family's culture and traditions within the centre benefits the children. For example you may have Chinese families in the centre and you may celebrate Chinese New Year, or parents can share their cultural recipes that can be cooked at the centre during lunch once a week, or a family sharing their traditional clothes for the children to have a look at etc.

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina

skyla

Re: Facilitating A Families Diverse Contribution To Benefit Children

Post by skyla » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:42 pm

Great i will give in another go thanks for all your help!