EYLF Practice To Debate Curriculum Quality, Equity & Wellbeing

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
starulberg

EYLF Practice To Debate Curriculum Quality, Equity & Wellbeing

Post by starulberg » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:02 am

WHAT PRACTICE DOES THE GUIDE TO THE EYLF RECOMMEND THAT EDUCATORS USE TO RAISE AND DEBATE ISSUES RELATING TO CURRICULUM QUALITY, EQUITY AND CHILDREN'S WELLBEING?

WELL I NEEDS SOME HELP HERE,pleaseI DIDNT HAVE ANSWER YET.?
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Ensure the health and safety for children

Post by Lorina » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:02 am

Here is a copy of the Educators Guide To The EYLF

Have a read on page 7 - Reflective Practice For Improvement. This should help.

:geek:,
Lorina

starulberg

Re: EYLF Practice To Debate Curriculum Quality, Equity & Wellbeing

Post by starulberg » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:59 am

Thank you very much

starulberg

Post by starulberg » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:43 am

how can i open this file please

jade2017

Post by jade2017 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:30 am

Lorina please help i am also stuck on this questions ive gone to page 7 of the link and still dont understand it .also up the top of page 7 it says
A lively culture of professional inquiry is established when early childhood educators and those with whom they
work are all involved in an ongoing cycle of review through which current practices are examined, outcomes
reviewed and new ideas generated. In such a climate, issues relating to curriculum quality, equity and children’s
wellbeing can be raised and debated
(Framework, p.13).
The above where is says framework page 13, where can i find this ive googled and everything i find says nothing like the above on page 13 .... could you please post a link for me

leenie
Participator
Participator

Post by leenie » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:29 pm

Hi jade2017

Through Lorna giving you the Educators guide, you are able to answer your initial question. So I'm not sure what you are asking or
looking for in your above post?

Read through page 7 carefully and reflective practice is expanded on.

" ongoing cycle of review" I think you need to read the beginning of chapter 3 on page 10 and digest and understand what is being said.
The cycle of review takes you through a process of the cycle of planning.

If you can understand this, you can understand and relate to reflective practice.

By the way the EYLF is the framework. Google ...early years learning framework-it should have the principles, practices and outcomes in it. The educators guide expands on your practice/ outcomes and the use of the framework.

The framework is the base of your work in childcare. 1/ For you as an educator 2/ For your work with children. I would suggest you print out a copy if you don't have one, read it over and over. So it becomes embedded in your knowledge so your work with children becomes automatic.

Hope this helps

Leenie