evaluate learning experiences

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
estrela

evaluate learning experiences

Post by estrela » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:28 pm

Hello everyone,
I am start to get very confused and lost on assessing and evaluating planned experiences
i can't find what is the time line required in relation to assessment and eveluation of the curriculum and learning experience.

I am not sure about what i should do in order to eveluate all the 5 experience I have already planned
for example : self portrait fallowed by clay modelling self portrait
but to evaluate this activity what should I do?
may I have some help please?
thanks a lot

Lorina

Re: evaluate learning experiences

Post by Lorina » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:27 pm

estrela wrote:QR_BBPOST time line required in relation to assessment and eveluation of the curriculum and learning experience.

Once you have planned an experience, it should be evaluated as soon as the children have completed that experience or at the end of the day to get an overall understanding if the children achieved the goal chosen by you. If the children have not completed the goal then you should continue the experience over a period of a week, then evaluate it at the end of the week to conclude whether or not the goal was achieved.

estrela wrote:QR_BBPOST I am not sure about what i should do in order to eveluate all the 5 experience I have already planned

Using the EYLF learning outcomes, choose a goal for the children to achieve, in which you evaluate after the experience had been implemented!

:geek:,
Lorina

estrela

Re: evaluate learning experiences

Post by estrela » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:14 pm

Thank you so much Lorina :)
great help!
I finally completed the Assessment!
:)