Educator Practice That Supports Respectful and Trusting Relationships With Babies and Toddlers

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
rdoyle

Educator Practice That Supports Respectful and Trusting Relationships With Babies and Toddlers

Post by rdoyle » Tue May 23, 2017 9:07 am

Hi everybody,
I am stuck on this question can anyone please help me?
Question: Read each educator practice and explain why the practice supports respectful and trusting relationship with babies and toddlers.
the eg are Educators always try to assist toddlers to see the consequences of their actions in a respectful manner. Eg: "Look at Callie, she's crying. Can you give her a hug?"
MY answer was
It is showing that they are teaching the child that if they hurt someone you can go and give them a hug to make them feel better and that they’ll stop crying
Every child has their own space to put their personal belongings.
my answer is
By doing this it is making the children feel like this is their own space where they can keep their belongings while they are at day care.

Each Infant/toddler follows their own individual sleep routine.
my answer is
This is easier as each infant/toddler is different and they have their own routines and no one is the same
The program at Blue Bay Early Learning Centre reflects the rich cultural diversity of the local and broader community.
my answer is
They are showing respect for the community by displaying what different kinds of people live in the local community
these are all wrong and i have been asked to fix these up can anyone help please
thank you

Lorina

Re: Educator Practice That Supports Respectful and Trusting Relationships With Babies and Toddlers

Post by Lorina » Wed May 24, 2017 4:14 pm

Maybe something like this:
rdoyle wrote:QR_BBPOST Educators always try to assist toddlers to see the consequences of their actions in a respectful manner. Eg: "Look at Callie, she's crying. Can you give her a hug?"

Showing that the child's actions have hurt the other child however not pointing out directly or being demeaning to the child that had hurt.

rdoyle wrote:QR_BBPOST Every child has their own space to put their personal belongings.

By giving the child a sense of belonging to their room by giving them their own space and developing independence...

:geek:,
Lorina

rdoyle

Re: Educator Practice That Supports Respectful and Trusting Relationships With Babies and Toddlers

Post by rdoyle » Wed May 24, 2017 9:07 pm

Hi Lorina,

thank you for helping me with these two questions are you able to help me with the other two as I am stuck on them also

thank you
RDoyle

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu May 25, 2017 2:06 pm

rdoyle wrote:QR_BBPOST Each Infant/toddler follows their own individual sleep routine.

It provides them with a sense of awareness since they are following their own routine, sense of security and predictability as they understand their own individual routines.
rdoyle wrote:QR_BBPOST The program at Blue Bay Early Learning Centre reflects the rich cultural diversity of the local and broader community.

Provides an inclusive environment and respectful partnerships with all families.

:geek:,
Lorina

rdoyle

Post by rdoyle » Thu May 25, 2017 2:57 pm

Thank you Lorina this is a big help
Rdoyle