Developing Pedagogy - Curriculum Development

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Sam Berry

Developing Pedagogy - Curriculum Development

Post by Sam Berry » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:19 pm

Hi,

I am struggling with one part of my assessment.
I have done the observing, planning and half way through the implementing of a curriculum plan but the next part of this assignment is to write a service culture report. Part of this is writing a situational analysis.

I have made lists of the Human Environment (Indoor and Outdoor) and Human engagement between staff, children and families.
I have included things like air quality, and natural lighting indoors as well as a list of types of resources and equipment for both indoors and outdoors. For Human Engagement I have taken note of things such as:

At the centre I am attending for Vocational Placement, Educators encourage and role model to the children to refer to each other as "friends". Instead of saying "Okay children, let's get our hats and meet at the door" The educator's will say, "Okay friends, let's get our hats and meet at the door".

I have also made notes of staff interaction with each other and how it creates a positive team environment such as, Every Friday the staff have soup day. They have a roster and each week 2 educators will bring in a soup they have made at home or bought from the shops and some bread and butter for all the staff to share at lunch. During the week, there is a container in the staff room for people to make contributions to lunch (generally spare change) But each week there is money in it and throughout the term everyone gets a turn to bring in a soup.

However, Now I am not sure how to write it up. Is it acceptable to leave it in dot point form adding extra detail where necessary or is there an example of a layout, Or can I just write it in paragraphs like an essay??

Thank you for your time,

Kind regards,

Sam

Lorina

Re: Developing Pedagogy - Curriculum Development

Post by Lorina » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:23 pm

So, you need to write a Situation Analysis... do you have to do SWOT analysis as well?

:geek:,
Lorina

Sam Berry

Post by Sam Berry » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:44 pm

The assessment outline just says to write a written report of the culture off the service.
Including the current curriculum planning and situational analysis. We have looked at SWOT analysis in class a bit. I could probably include it. I'm just not sure what to do.... we haven't seen any examples or anything.

Desi

Post by Desi » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:11 pm

I just finished mine and my tafe assessor has gone through it. I just put my headlines in, eg "How does the team implement the planning cycle?" and underneath I wrote how they did that.