Cultural Differences Embedded Into Daily Practise

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
sunnyalice12

Cultural Differences Embedded Into Daily Practise

Post by sunnyalice12 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:10 pm

not sure if im just having a mental blank after studying for 4 hours straight but I just CCAANNOTT find in my brain answers to this easy question..

Give 5 examples of cultural differences which may need to be accommodated for and embedded in daily practise in the workplace

also need some confirmation that ive answered this correctly..
a. What is ‘cultural competence’ and ‘diversity’ as outlined in the relevant approved learning framework? (Please see EYLF Educators Guide or MTOP Educators Guide: Cultural Competence)

ive written ::

We are all culturally diverse. Cultural diversity is our individual differences within day to day life depending on our morals, opinions and attitudes. This affects our educating and decision making. Cultural competency is supported by principles such as:
1. Partnerships
2. Respect for diversity
3. High expectations and equity.
Cultural Competency applies with a knowledge of Being, Belonging and Becoming and gaining a positive attitude towards cultural differences around the world and in the classroom.

“Educators who are culturally competent respect multiple cultural ways of knowing, seeing and living, celebrate the benefits of diversity and have an ability to understand and honour differences”
- EYFL FRAMEWORK P.16 and MY TIME, OUR PLACE P.15 -

Lorina

Re: Cultural Differences Embedded Into Daily Practise

Post by Lorina » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:24 pm

1) Language, Food, How A Child May Eat, Clothing, Sleep Routine For The Child

2) Yes, you're on the right track! :thumbup:

:geek:,
Lorina