Cultural Brokers

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
sarubini
Contributor
Contributor

Cultural Brokers

Post by sarubini » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:23 pm

My question:
Describe how and under what circumstances you would engage the services of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander interpreters, health workers and colleagues as cultural brokers as required to meet duty of care
my answer:
Aborginal and torrest strait islanders interpreters are mainly used for the communication.many people don’t know their language in such circumstances the interpreters are used.Interpreters are also used for when Advertising and welcoming more Indigenous people to apply for health services.

HI WHAT ELSE WE CAN ADD TO THIS ANSWER.PLZ HELP ME.

sarubini
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Cultural Brokers

Post by sarubini » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:47 pm

HOW ABOUT THE BELOW ANSWER I REACHERD BUT I DONT NO WHEATHER IAM RIGHT.
The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Interpreter Service help with language barriers faced by Indigenous people in the Northern Territory. They will help in the following ways
• Interpreters help people to talk to and understand each other.
• Interpreters will make sure everything is communicated in both languages.
• Interpreters will keep the message the same. They will not add or take away anything
• Interpreters should not be asked to do non-interpreting work or give opinions.
• Interpreters are bound by a code of ethics which requires impartial, confidential, and accurate interpreting
Interpreters are trained to work in a wide range of settings and environments and they can be encaged in the following circumstances
• health care
• education
• social services
• legal and court systems
• conferences
• community engagement
• training programs
• Indigenous media.

Lorina

Re: Cultural Brokers

Post by Lorina » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:13 am

You focused primarily on interpreters you also need to mention health workers and colleagues as stated in your question...

Have a look at the info I provided above...

:geek:,
Lorina