CHCPRT001 Scenarios- ethical and legislation

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Kate8

CHCPRT001 Scenarios- ethical and legislation

Post by Kate8 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:39 pm

I have a couple of scenarios and have pasted the unanswered questions which I am stuck on. Someone please help. Thank you.

first scenario
Ali 3.5 years and Han 2.3 years and their family have just enrolled at your service. They have been in Australia for 4 months. On orientation, Ali and Han’s father, Raj, reports that “You may hit Ali if she does not do the right thing, but you are not to touch my son Han, he is the male and should be honoured”.

a. Read the scenario above and identify in 1 paragraph the ethical dilemmas that may occur for you as a professional.
The ethical dilemma in this situation is about... ( was thinking child-rearing practices and beliefs. but I'm not sure how to write a paragraph on it)

d. List 5 possible ethical concerns when working with children and young people and their families (e.g. child rearing practices, some cultures avoid eye contact).
-

e. How would you respond to unethical behaviour of others in your service?

Second scenario
Eric, aged 7, is in your Out of School Hours Care. He walks past you, he kicks the door and says “I hate this place, it sucks”. You notice he is upset and you go and sit down beside him. You ask him what is wrong and he replies, “I hate it here”. You say “If you tell me why, I can see if I can fix the problem”. Eric replies that “Marcy said I can’t tell you”. You tell him he can tell you anything. He says, “She keeps touching my penis and she wants me to put it on her”. You are best friends with Marcy and have worked with her for the past 4 years.

a. What would you say immediately in response to Eric’s comments?
“Thank-you for telling me, is there anything else that happens? Would you like to go find something to play with and I’ll have a talk to Marcy. Is that ok by you?”

Help- ( is this wrong in any way about talking to marcy?)

b. What are your legal obligations? Identify exactly what would you do.
(besides reporting it)
c. What ethical concerns may arise for you within this situation?

Lorina

Re: CHCPRT001 Scenarios- ethical and legislation

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:33 am

Can you please add a response so I can guide you...

:geek:,
Lorina

Kate8

Post by Kate8 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:55 pm

After spending today on it I understood it more. This is what I could come together with.

first:
d) Gender equality, religious beliefs- some parents do not want their child learning about other religions, language barriers
e) Make a statement to your supervisor/manager and ask for their advice and ask what you should have done in the situation.

second:
b) Talking to a manager and finding out the appropriate action. Making a mandatory report.
c) Fairness

I couldn't think of anything else or what other ethical issues/concerns could happen. Are my other answers ( letter a questions) on the right track? - obviously gotta write it into sentences but is the idea correct?

Thanks Kate

Kate8

Post by Kate8 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:21 pm

[quote="Lorina"]Can you please add a response so I can guide you...

I have answered all questions but the last one. letter C. please please help me answer the last question.