CHCPRT001- Quotes Relating To Child Abuse

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
rebeccapelsio

CHCPRT001- Quotes Relating To Child Abuse

Post by rebeccapelsio » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:01 am

read the following quotes relating to child abuse :
1) 'Child abuse and neglect offend the basic values of our state. We have a responsibility to provide safe settings for at-risk children.' (Matt blunt)
2) 'the only reason why child abuse is alive today, is because we as adults fail our children when we fail to listen to them. Listen to your child today.' (Heather McClane)
3) ' I believe the best service to the child is the service closest to the child, and children who are victims of neglect, abuse, or abandonment must not also be victims of bureaucracy. They deserve our devoted attention, not our divided attention.' ( kenny guinn)

Provide a response to these quotes with regard to identifying and responding to children and young people at risk.

I don't understand the question, can someone please clarify it for me please.
Thanks

Lorina

Re: CHCPRT001- Quotes Relating To Child Abuse

Post by Lorina » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:17 am

Maybe you can have a look at the code of ethics, conventions of the rights of the child, child protection, national regulations and see how it relates to the quotes...

:geek:,
Lorina

Miss Sam

Post by Miss Sam » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:43 am

Hi Rebecca,
Don't forget you are supposed to speak up for children as they cannot speak up for themselves- you need to be their advocate...

How do you ensure that the children in your care are protected?
How do you note concerns?
Are you aware that suspected abuse is mandatory?

as an early childhood educator, you have a lot of responsibility- think Mason's Law- in relation to Child Protection (Mandatory Reporting - Mason's Law) is the Amendment Bill (2016) to the current Child Protection Act 1999 (QLD) (the Act)

Cheers

rebeccapelsio

Post by rebeccapelsio » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:53 am

Thank you so much! I totally forgot that I posted on here! I have already answered the questions and been marked competent. Thank you

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:22 pm

Awesome!

:geek:,
Lorina

jashnair

Post by jashnair » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:25 pm

rebeccapelsio wrote:Thank you so much! I totally forgot that I posted on here! I have already answered the questions and been marked competent. Thank you
hi are you able to help me with this question please. I need to know what this question is asking me to do.