CHCPRT001 - Impact Of Child Protection Legislation

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Midge71

CHCPRT001 - Impact Of Child Protection Legislation

Post by Midge71 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:24 pm

List the child protection legislation that applies in your state or territory. Briefly, explain how the legislation impacts on the work you do.

Children and Community Services Act 2004

The Children and Community Services Act 2004, which came into operation on 1 March 2006, is the main legislation that governs the Department’s three service areas:

Supporting children and young people in the Chief Executive Officer’s care.
Protecting children and young people from abuse.
Supporting individuals and families at risk or in crisis.
The objects of the Act are:

to promote the well-being of children, individuals, families and communities;
to acknowledge the primary role of parents, families, and communities in safeguarding and promoting the well-being of children;
to encourage and support parents, families, and communities in carrying out that role;
to support and reinforce the role and responsibility of parents in exercising appropriate control over the behavior of their children;
to provide for the protection and care of children in circumstances where their parents have not given, or are unlikely or unable to give, that protection and care; and
to protect children from exploitation in employment.

https://www.dcp.wa.gov.au/Organisation/ ... ation.aspx

I'm not sure how to answer the second part of the question as I am not in any work placement yet and not sure what it's asking of me.

Lorina

Re: CHCPRT001 - Impact Of Child Protection Legislation

Post by Lorina » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:49 pm

What state are you in?

:geek:,
Lorina

Midge71

Post by Midge71 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:04 pm

Western Australia

samanthajfrid

Post by samanthajfrid » Mon May 08, 2017 11:22 am

Hi did you get an answer for the second part as I too am struggling with it? I am in queensland, does it mean duty of care?

I've taken some notes but not sure if they are right?

By working in childcare the legislation affects my work by ensuring I follow Duty of Care and I have the responsibility to ensure each child has:
> Dignity and rights: will be respected
> Their physical care needs are met
> Emotional and mental care needs are met
> Culture and ethnic grouping needs are met
> Schooling materials and their physical and mental stimulation, recreation and general needs are met

As I said, I've got no idea if these notes have anything to do with the question i just wrote them down anyways :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon May 08, 2017 5:17 pm

samanthajfrid wrote:Hi did you get an answer for the second part as I too am struggling with it? I am in queensland, does it mean duty of care?

I've taken some notes but not sure if they are right?

By working in childcare the legislation affects my work by ensuring I follow Duty of Care and I have the responsibility to ensure each child has:
> Dignity and rights: will be respected
> Their physical care needs are met
> Emotional and mental care needs are met
> Culture and ethnic grouping needs are met
> Schooling materials and their physical and mental stimulation, recreation and general needs are met

As I said, I've got no idea if these notes have anything to do with the question i just wrote them down anyways :)
This may help:

Child Protection Legislation QLD

:geek:,
Lorina