CHCPRP003 - Scenario: Alloise - Inclusion Support

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
KaylaD

CHCPRP003 - Scenario: Alloise - Inclusion Support

Post by KaylaD » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:38 pm

Hi, I'm just needing some help with a particular question I'm a little stuck on at the moment.

The question says:
Alloise is an educator who works in inclusion support. She prides herself on being able to help children with additional needs and in particular supporting their families. Alloise offers a family who is finding caring for their child difficult the following: For the child to stay at her house for the weekend so the family can get some respite.
Is alloise acting appropriately? Explain your answer.

So basically I understand there are respite services that can provide assistance for families with children with additional needs but from what I can see it's usually an in house service. I guess I'm leaning towards it's inappropriate for the educator to have the child stay at her own home but is there any legal reasons why? Or am I heading in the wrong direction with this?